Need help with your equipment?
Roscos's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, July 29th, 2016 12:18 AM

Installing uverse Internet with third party router and modem

I am looking to install my uverse Internet with my third party modem and router I have at home. I'm not quite sure if I just go about install as normal, just with my own modem or if I should install from the start with my provided ATT modem and then after installing, disconnect the att modem and connect my own.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@Roscos   You will not be able to disconnect the ATT RG (modem/router) and depends on what RG you have to put the 3rd party router in DMZ zone/IP Passthrough. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

8 years ago

I just asked the same question:

Where is the Third Party NON-AT&T U Verse Wi-Fi Modem list

and ATT employee replied:

All Uverse accounts require authorization using a certificate only available on Uverse gateways.

You may purchase and use a 3rd party device behind the gateway placed in either DMZ mode or IP Pass Thru (depending on gateway received) but the way Uverse gateway must be first.

If you have not purchased U-verse Equipment from AT&T or if previously purchased U-verse Equipment is beyond the one (1) year warranty period (from date of installation) and requires replacement, then you agree to pay a monthly equipment fee for the U-verse Equipment, as part of your purchase of or continued use of the Service and/or other U-verse services.

THEN THEY, AT&T CLICKED THIS AS AN ACCEPTED SOLUTION!!!!

Tough if you don't accept THEIR reply as a solution!

I don't think AT&T can force us to only buy or rent their equipment, that's a monopoly!

So I went to Netgear Community and asked the question today...

Waiting for an answer now.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

8 years ago

Your question was already answered in your other post. You have to use the att rg to receive service from att. You CAN use another router behind the att rg.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.