Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 23, 2013
8:25:11 PM
Info button giving me incorrect more showtimes

I thought someone posted the same thing but can't find it now.

The actual grid guide will display the correct showtimes but when you press the info button on the remote and select more show times of a show the times are 2 hours off. I am on the West Coast but they are giving me times based on Central Time.

For example, Kill Bill 1 on 1933 Encore HD W in the grid guide shows correctly at 8 PM. However, when you click the info button and go to more showtimes, it gives me the same movie starting at 10 PM. This is the same for every channel I looked at such as my local television stations. This never happened before and not sure when this started to happen. 

Does anyone know of a fix or setting I need to change? Thanks

I thought someone posted the same thing but can't find it now.

The actual grid guide will display the correct showtimes but when you press the info button on the remote and select more show times of a show the times are 2 hours off. I am on the West Coast but they are giving me times based on Central Time.

For example, Kill Bill 1 on 1933 Encore HD W in the grid guide shows correctly at 8 PM. However, when you click the info button and go to more showtimes, it gives me the same movie starting at 10 PM. This is the same for every channel I looked at such as my local television stations. This never happened before and not sure when this started to happen. 

Does anyone know of a fix or setting I need to change? Thanks

Accepted Solution

Info button giving me incorrect more showtimes

71 replies
(10) Me too
(10) Me too
View all replies
(71)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 29, 2013 9:12:07 PM
(0)
Contributor

I'm sorry but "We're working on it" posted four months ago is not a solution. We pay you enough money to get this sort of thing right. It wasn't always like this.  Is it really so hard to roll it back to where it worked? This is a real inconvenience for 2/3 of the country if I read you right.

I'm sorry but "We're working on it" posted four months ago is not a solution. We pay you enough money to get this sort of thing right. It wasn't always like this.  Is it really so hard to roll it back to where it worked? This is a real inconvenience for 2/3 of the country if I read you right.

Re: Info button giving me incorrect more showtimes

31 of 72 (1,398 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2013 7:49:28 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

barangaria wrote:

You must not be too familiar with how computer systems work.  "Is it really that hard....?"  It is.  When dealing with computer systems and system changes, one fix may break the system in three other places.  Rolling something back would make another set of folks mad and that is no guarantee that the item will work like before.  Yes, it is evident that something went awry and maybe no regression testing was done.  It took almost a year to get another item like this fixed (Trying to play a recorded program and only getting a black screen, until trying again).  Our firm only does major system changes 3 times per year, at specific times.

barangaria wrote:

You must not be too familiar with how computer systems work.  "Is it really that hard....?"  It is.  When dealing with computer systems and system changes, one fix may break the system in three other places.  Rolling something back would make another set of folks mad and that is no guarantee that the item will work like before.  Yes, it is evident that something went awry and maybe no regression testing was done.  It took almost a year to get another item like this fixed (Trying to play a recorded program and only getting a black screen, until trying again).  Our firm only does major system changes 3 times per year, at specific times.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

32 of 72 (1,365 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2013 8:26:56 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Apparently they need some test cities outside of the state of Texas.  Smiley Wink

Apparently they need some test cities outside of the state of Texas.  Smiley Wink

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

33 of 72 (1,359 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2013 9:19:25 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

JefferMC wrote:

You know, they have some more than willing test subjects from these forums, to test things out.......  Just sayin'.

JefferMC wrote:

You know, they have some more than willing test subjects from these forums, to test things out.......  Just sayin'.

34 of 72 (1,351 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2013 9:33:08 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

dhascall wrote:

JefferMC wrote:

The problem with that is location testing. How can they manage 200+ people across the nation when they can test 200+ people within a small region. The small region allows for them to train a select few techs on the issues instead of making them all aware that they have some beta testers that may have upgraded hardware and you'll need to know how to manage that.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

dhascall wrote:

JefferMC wrote:

The problem with that is location testing. How can they manage 200+ people across the nation when they can test 200+ people within a small region. The small region allows for them to train a select few techs on the issues instead of making them all aware that they have some beta testers that may have upgraded hardware and you'll need to know how to manage that.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

35 of 72 (1,345 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2013 10:09:19 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I understand all of that.  However, it allows you to lose sight of issues that can't occur in that region, e.g. this time zone issue.  I could think of a few others.

I understand all of that.  However, it allows you to lose sight of issues that can't occur in that region, e.g. this time zone issue.  I could think of a few others.

36 of 72 (1,342 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2013 12:37:11 PM
(0)
Scholar

If they update 3 times a year - and this started in early June - why didn't the next update include this fix - when are the updates -  jan/feb/mar/apr - may/jun/jul/aug - sept/oct/nov/dec - that would be 3 times a year for those months - so when will this update be taken care of!!!!

If they update 3 times a year - and this started in early June - why didn't the next update include this fix - when are the updates -  jan/feb/mar/apr - may/jun/jul/aug - sept/oct/nov/dec - that would be 3 times a year for those months - so when will this update be taken care of!!!!

37 of 72 (1,333 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2013 6:34:04 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Dec 2, 2013 at 6:36:02 PM

americangame wrote:

dhascall wrote:

JefferMC wrote:

You're kidding, right?  With communicator type messaging, skype and so on, one does not have to be tied to a region.  They shoot an updated U-Verse test bed to the testers and let the fun begin.   You mentioned hardware.  I have done beta tests with other testers in the UK, Taiwan and Japan. 

I have been parts of on-line stress and usability tests, with other participants half a world away.  It should be easy.

AT&T should not assume that everything revolves around Texas. Smiley Happy

americangame wrote:

dhascall wrote:

JefferMC wrote:

You're kidding, right?  With communicator type messaging, skype and so on, one does not have to be tied to a region.  They shoot an updated U-Verse test bed to the testers and let the fun begin.   You mentioned hardware.  I have done beta tests with other testers in the UK, Taiwan and Japan. 

I have been parts of on-line stress and usability tests, with other participants half a world away.  It should be easy.

AT&T should not assume that everything revolves around Texas. Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
38 of 72 (1,316 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2013 8:19:08 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

There are quite a few components in the distribution system that may also have their software or configurations updated at the same time for some of these updates:

The STB/DVR (all models)

The RG (all models)

The cards in the VRAD (at least two different models)

The encoders at the VHO

Having all of the customers served by a few VRADs and a single VHO surely makes this more convenient.  However, upgrading the second one by a team different from the one that did the first one surely uncovers undocumented steps.

There are quite a few components in the distribution system that may also have their software or configurations updated at the same time for some of these updates:

The STB/DVR (all models)

The RG (all models)

The cards in the VRAD (at least two different models)

The encoders at the VHO

Having all of the customers served by a few VRADs and a single VHO surely makes this more convenient.  However, upgrading the second one by a team different from the one that did the first one surely uncovers undocumented steps.

39 of 72 (1,309 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2013 3:03:30 PM
(0)
Teacher

Been fighting this problem since April 2013. Call every month and get $35.00 credit on my bill. Think they would fix the problem. I'm completely fed up with AT&T.

Been fighting this problem since April 2013. Call every month and get $35.00 credit on my bill. Think they would fix the problem. I'm completely fed up with AT&T.

40 of 72 (1,255 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2013 11:29:33 AM
(0)
Scholar

If they give you a credit every month of $35.00 - it would be nice if they just did it automatically -

will start doing - thanks for the info!!!

If they give you a credit every month of $35.00 - it would be nice if they just did it automatically -

will start doing - thanks for the info!!!

41 of 72 (1,248 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2013 10:28:26 AM
(0)
Scholar

Hi - Just curious as to were you are located as I called AT&T yesterday and they said they

do not give credits for this type of problem - I am in CT!!!

Thanks for the reply

Hi - Just curious as to were you are located as I called AT&T yesterday and they said they

do not give credits for this type of problem - I am in CT!!!

Thanks for the reply

42 of 72 (1,225 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2013 1:37:00 PM
(0)
Scholar

Hi - just did a live chat with AT&T and I did receive the $35.00 credit off of my next bill - thanks for the info!!!

Hi - just did a live chat with AT&T and I did receive the $35.00 credit off of my next bill - thanks for the info!!!

43 of 72 (1,201 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2013 12:10:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
You can also call the r etentions office. They've been known to give long promos that are comparable to "new customer discounts" that other companies offer. I went from U-200 to U-300 and ended up paying less than if I stayed with 200.
You can also call the r etentions office. They've been known to give long promos that are comparable to "new customer discounts" that other companies offer. I went from U-200 to U-300 and ended up paying less than if I stayed with 200.

44 of 72 (1,178 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2013 12:18:03 PM
(0)
Scholar

Interesting - no matter what phone # I call - never receive a link to a "retentions office!!!

Thanks

Interesting - no matter what phone # I call - never receive a link to a "retentions office!!!

Thanks

45 of 72 (1,177 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2013 6:38:42 PM
(0)
Employee
You reach RETENTIONS by stating CANCEL.
You reach RETENTIONS by stating CANCEL.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

46 of 72 (1,170 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2014 11:42:25 AM
(0)
Scholar

Did a chat yesterday to get the $35.00 credit for the time zone problem - was on for 1 hour - they kept switching me to different people - one person said it was a problem with my tv connection - finally the last guy - #5 - said they are still having the problem - but no credit!!!

Thanks for any replies!!!!

Did a chat yesterday to get the $35.00 credit for the time zone problem - was on for 1 hour - they kept switching me to different people - one person said it was a problem with my tv connection - finally the last guy - #5 - said they are still having the problem - but no credit!!!

47 of 72 (1,043 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2014 12:51:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Jan 21, 2014 at 12:51:44 PM

ginnpr wrote:

I've never had any luck with Chat for credits.  Call 1-800-288-2020 and say "cancel my service."  You WILL be sent to retentions.  Explain what's up.  That may be the best option for a credit, if the Central Timezone issue warrants such.

ginnpr wrote:

I've never had any luck with Chat for credits.  Call 1-800-288-2020 and say "cancel my service."  You WILL be sent to retentions.  Explain what's up.  That may be the best option for a credit, if the Central Timezone issue warrants such.

[ Edited ]
48 of 72 (1,035 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2014 9:12:02 AM
(0)
Teacher

It’s been over 11 months now and no solution from AT&T. I believe they could care less. But raising the price for service is no problem.

Now they refuse to give any credit for the service I’m not getting.  There response is, just live with it.

It’s been over 11 months now and no solution from AT&T. I believe they could care less. But raising the price for service is no problem.

Now they refuse to give any credit for the service I’m not getting.  There response is, just live with it.

49 of 72 (920 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2014 9:16:18 AM
(0)
Employee

The sloution is being worked on

The sloution is being worked on

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

50 of 72 (918 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2014 11:48:09 AM
(0)
Scholar

Hi - I call every month and receive the $35.00 credit for  the Time Zone Issue!!!!

Hi - I call every month and receive the $35.00 credit for  the Time Zone Issue!!!!

51 of 72 (916 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2014 12:23:27 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

rubiconray wrote:

I believe that this started happening at the end of May, 2013.  That makes it just over 9 months, not 11.

However, with all due respect to the hard working people of AT&T (including, but not limited to, Fox Mulder), 9 months is still an awful long time in terms of software release cycles these days.

rubiconray wrote:

I believe that this started happening at the end of May, 2013.  That makes it just over 9 months, not 11.

However, with all due respect to the hard working people of AT&T (including, but not limited to, Fox Mulder), 9 months is still an awful long time in terms of software release cycles these days.

52 of 72 (913 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2014 7:17:52 PM
(0)
Teacher

It started in April 2013. May 2013 to March 2014 is 11 months last time I counted.

It started in April 2013. May 2013 to March 2014 is 11 months last time I counted.

53 of 72 (902 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2014 9:07:55 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Well, I suppose it matters when you got the receiver firmware update that caused the problem.  I don't think I got it until the fourth week of May.  I suppose you may have gotten it prior to April 5th; if so, then I guess it would be over 11 months.

Well, I suppose it matters when you got the receiver firmware update that caused the problem.  I don't think I got it until the fourth week of May.  I suppose you may have gotten it prior to April 5th; if so, then I guess it would be over 11 months.

54 of 72 (880 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 19, 2014 12:47:37 PM
(0)
Scholar

I just called today - and had a very nasty person say that no more credits for this problem due

to the fact they are working on the issue!!!!  Not sure why things changed have been getting

credit for 5 months now and as you know problem is still there!!!!

I just called today - and had a very nasty person say that no more credits for this problem due

to the fact they are working on the issue!!!!  Not sure why things changed have been getting

credit for 5 months now and as you know problem is still there!!!!

55 of 72 (820 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 19, 2014 7:51:17 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

In my humble opinion, you should be fairly happy to have received such a large credit for as long as you did, for an issue that has such an obvious work around.

Yes, I do think they should have fixed it by now, and I do hope they fix it soon, but $35 is a substantial credit.

In my humble opinion, you should be fairly happy to have received such a large credit for as long as you did, for an issue that has such an obvious work around.

Yes, I do think they should have fixed it by now, and I do hope they fix it soon, but $35 is a substantial credit.

56 of 72 (803 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2014 9:47:28 AM
(0)
Tutor
This post is almost three years and I am having this problem now. I realize that debugging "takes some time", but this is far too long.
This post is almost three years and I am having this problem now. I realize that debugging "takes some time", but this is far too long.

57 of 72 (739 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2014 6:39:03 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Xerxes10 wrote:

There is no post in this thread that is 3 years old.

Xerxes10 wrote:

There is no post in this thread that is 3 years old.

58 of 72 (720 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 11, 2014 10:09:36 PM
(0)
Contributor

8 months later and this is still an issue? 

Is there an ETA on a fix?  It makes it very confusing to know when shows are on, which ones are going to be recorded, etc.  

Is there a more appropriate forum to track the status of this fix?

Is it true we can get reimbursement credit for having to deal with this issue for month after month?

8 months later and this is still an issue? 

Is there an ETA on a fix?  It makes it very confusing to know when shows are on, which ones are going to be recorded, etc.  

Is there a more appropriate forum to track the status of this fix?

Is it true we can get reimbursement credit for having to deal with this issue for month after month?

59 of 72 (652 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2014 7:06:30 AM
(0)
Scholar

This must be such a hot button to so many people, judging by the vitriol spewed.  I still cannot understand the *real* reason, though.  Indulge me:

First, if you're the type of person who can walk and chew gum at the same time, and you ALREADY know the showtimes are off by a time zone or two depending on your area (based on previous experiences and seeing the trend), then why the angst?  You know the system's limitations, yet *continue* to raise your blood pressure for ... let's be honest here ... no REAL reason.

Secondly, what's so difficult in seeing the next showtime, hitting GUIDE, punching in the channel number, and scrolling to the time in question to schedule a recording?  If you are THAT intent on watching the program already (you've looked it up and become irritated in it not being completely "correct"), then following-through would naturally put an end to the grumbling, right?

Finally, if you're that much of a "power-user" in watching TV, wouldn't you be using online-based methods to escape the flaws YOU see in the TV unit?  Plenty of those complaining here probably do all sorts of button-presses on their Smartphone getting in and out of apps all day, without a care in the world, yet when the U-verse remote gets in hand, WATCH OUT.  Think about it.

And, for the UMPTEENTH TIME, Microsoft completely dropped their support of MediaRoom quite awhile before the sale to Ericsson, meaning this "More Showtimes" bug-fix was never completed.  This is NOT AT&T proprietary software, it was supposed to be supported by the creator -- Microsoft.  Do you blame your mobile CARRIER (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, etc.) if a certain app or the operating system on your iPhone, Android or WindowsPhone device isn't working correctly?  Of course not, as it's the app PUBLISHER or the phone's MAKER who has to update things -- your carrier has nothing to do with it.

This must be such a hot button to so many people, judging by the vitriol spewed.  I still cannot understand the *real* reason, though.  Indulge me:

First, if you're the type of person who can walk and chew gum at the same time, and you ALREADY know the showtimes are off by a time zone or two depending on your area (based on previous experiences and seeing the trend), then why the angst?  You know the system's limitations, yet *continue* to raise your blood pressure for ... let's be honest here ... no REAL reason.

Secondly, what's so difficult in seeing the next showtime, hitting GUIDE, punching in the channel number, and scrolling to the time in question to schedule a recording?  If you are THAT intent on watching the program already (you've looked it up and become irritated in it not being completely "correct"), then following-through would naturally put an end to the grumbling, right?

Finally, if you're that much of a "power-user" in watching TV, wouldn't you be using online-based methods to escape the flaws YOU see in the TV unit?  Plenty of those complaining here probably do all sorts of button-presses on their Smartphone getting in and out of apps all day, without a care in the world, yet when the U-verse remote gets in hand, WATCH OUT.  Think about it.

And, for the UMPTEENTH TIME, Microsoft completely dropped their support of MediaRoom quite awhile before the sale to Ericsson, meaning this "More Showtimes" bug-fix was never completed.  This is NOT AT&T proprietary software, it was supposed to be supported by the creator -- Microsoft.  Do you blame your mobile CARRIER (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, etc.) if a certain app or the operating system on your iPhone, Android or WindowsPhone device isn't working correctly?  Of course not, as it's the app PUBLISHER or the phone's MAKER who has to update things -- your carrier has nothing to do with it.

60 of 72 (627 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments