For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
mchunter78's profile

Mentor

• 

81 Messages

Wednesday, July 24th, 2013 3:25 AM

Info button giving me incorrect more showtimes

I thought someone posted the same thing but can't find it now.

The actual grid guide will display the correct showtimes but when you press the info button on the remote and select more show times of a show the times are 2 hours off. I am on the West Coast but they are giving me times based on Central Time.

For example, Kill Bill 1 on 1933 Encore HD W in the grid guide shows correctly at 8 PM. However, when you click the info button and go to more showtimes, it gives me the same movie starting at 10 PM. This is the same for every channel I looked at such as my local television stations. This never happened before and not sure when this started to happen. 

Does anyone know of a fix or setting I need to change? Thanks

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@barangaria wrote:

I'm sorry but "We're working on it" posted four months ago is not a solution. We pay you enough money to get this sort of thing right. It wasn't always like this.  Is it really so hard to roll it back to where it worked? This is a real inconvenience for 2/3 of the country if I read you right.

You must not be too familiar with how computer systems work.  "Is it really that hard....?"  It is.  When dealing with computer systems and system changes, one fix may break the system in three other places.  Rolling something back would make another set of folks mad and that is no guarantee that the item will work like before.  Yes, it is evident that something went awry and maybe no regression testing was done.  It took almost a year to get another item like this fixed (Trying to play a recorded program and only getting a black screen, until trying again).  Our firm only does major system changes 3 times per year, at specific times.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

Apparently they need some test cities outside of the state of Texas.  Smiley Wink

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@JefferMC wrote:

Apparently they need some test cities outside of the state of Texas.  Smiley Wink

You know, they have some more than willing test subjects from these forums, to test things out.......  Just sayin'.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

@JefferMC wrote:

You know, they have some more than willing test subjects from these forums, to test things out.......  Just sayin'.

The problem with that is location testing. How can they manage 200+ people across the nation when they can test 200+ people within a small region. The small region allows for them to train a select few techs on the issues instead of making them all aware that they have some beta testers that may have upgraded hardware and you'll need to know how to manage that.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

I understand all of that.  However, it allows you to lose sight of issues that can't occur in that region, e.g. this time zone issue.  I could think of a few others.

Scholar

• 

148 Messages

10 years ago

If they update 3 times a year - and this started in early June - why didn't the next update include this fix - when are the updates -  jan/feb/mar/apr - may/jun/jul/aug - sept/oct/nov/dec - that would be 3 times a year for those months - so when will this update be taken care of!!!!

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@americangame wrote:

@dhascall wrote:

@JefferMC wrote:

The problem with that is location testing. How can they manage 200+ people across the nation when they can test 200+ people within a small region. The small region allows for them to train a select few techs on the issues instead of making them all aware that they have some beta testers that may have upgraded hardware and you'll need to know how to manage that.

You're kidding, right?  With communicator type messaging, skype and so on, one does not have to be tied to a region.  They shoot an updated U-Verse test bed to the testers and let the fun begin.   You mentioned hardware.  I have done beta tests with other testers in the UK, Taiwan and Japan. 

I have been parts of on-line stress and usability tests, with other participants half a world away.  It should be easy.

AT&T should not assume that everything revolves around Texas. Smiley Happy

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

There are quite a few components in the distribution system that may also have their software or configurations updated at the same time for some of these updates:

The STB/DVR (all models)

The RG (all models)

The cards in the VRAD (at least two different models)

The encoders at the VHO

Having all of the customers served by a few VRADs and a single VHO surely makes this more convenient.  However, upgrading the second one by a team different from the one that did the first one surely uncovers undocumented steps.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

Been fighting this problem since April 2013. Call every month and get $35.00 credit on my bill. Think they would fix the problem. I'm completely fed up with AT&T.

Scholar

• 

148 Messages

10 years ago

If they give you a credit every month of $35.00 - it would be nice if they just did it automatically -

will start doing - thanks for the info!!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.