Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 23, 2013
8:25:11 PM
Info button giving me incorrect more showtimes

I thought someone posted the same thing but can't find it now.

The actual grid guide will display the correct showtimes but when you press the info button on the remote and select more show times of a show the times are 2 hours off. I am on the West Coast but they are giving me times based on Central Time.

For example, Kill Bill 1 on 1933 Encore HD W in the grid guide shows correctly at 8 PM. However, when you click the info button and go to more showtimes, it gives me the same movie starting at 10 PM. This is the same for every channel I looked at such as my local television stations. This never happened before and not sure when this started to happen. 

Does anyone know of a fix or setting I need to change? Thanks

I thought someone posted the same thing but can't find it now.

The actual grid guide will display the correct showtimes but when you press the info button on the remote and select more show times of a show the times are 2 hours off. I am on the West Coast but they are giving me times based on Central Time.

For example, Kill Bill 1 on 1933 Encore HD W in the grid guide shows correctly at 8 PM. However, when you click the info button and go to more showtimes, it gives me the same movie starting at 10 PM. This is the same for every channel I looked at such as my local television stations. This never happened before and not sure when this started to happen. 

Does anyone know of a fix or setting I need to change? Thanks

Accepted Solution

Info button giving me incorrect more showtimes

71 replies
(10) Me too
(10) Me too
View all replies
(71)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 24, 2013 10:45:48 AM
(0)
Mentor

That was an "enhancement" provided us with the previous (prior to the CC "fix") update.  Or at least it coincided with that update.  That's when I first noticed it, but it seemed to affect only the 'more showtimes' for the scheduled programs screen.  Now, it appears that it is uversal and occurs from the program guide also. 

It is an issue for some of us here, but apparently not for those living in the Central Time Zone, where AT&T HQ is located.

That was an "enhancement" provided us with the previous (prior to the CC "fix") update.  Or at least it coincided with that update.  That's when I first noticed it, but it seemed to affect only the 'more showtimes' for the scheduled programs screen.  Now, it appears that it is uversal and occurs from the program guide also. 

It is an issue for some of us here, but apparently not for those living in the Central Time Zone, where AT&T HQ is located.

Re: Info button giving me incorrect more showtimes

2 of 72 (4,985 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2013 11:56:58 AM
(0)
Scholar

Hi - On 7/6 a tech at my house told me that this problem should be corrected in the 7/8 update - which it has not been - I do not have a dvr - tape lots of show which are wrong when I set by what the more showtimes say - I am in the EST time zone - I guess they think everyone is in CMT - just about ready to leave U-verse - not because of this problem but several other reasons - many of my friends have left - !!!!

Hi - On 7/6 a tech at my house told me that this problem should be corrected in the 7/8 update - which it has not been - I do not have a dvr - tape lots of show which are wrong when I set by what the more showtimes say - I am in the EST time zone - I guess they think everyone is in CMT - just about ready to leave U-verse - not because of this problem but several other reasons - many of my friends have left - !!!!

3 of 72 (4,941 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2013 8:10:50 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

ginnpr wrote:

Just an FYI, but if you have U-200 or better, you already have the DVR.

ginnpr wrote:

Just an FYI, but if you have U-200 or better, you already have the DVR.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 72 (4,911 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2013 11:16:40 AM
(0)
Scholar

Thanks for the reply - but I have been grandfathered in with the 100 - how many channels and shows

can I watch - I have more interesting things to do with my time - but every few days they add channels - and still

cannot fix this "stupid" problem - the tech people at my company wouldn't be employed too long!!!!

Thanks for the reply - but I have been grandfathered in with the 100 - how many channels and shows

can I watch - I have more interesting things to do with my time - but every few days they add channels - and still

cannot fix this "stupid" problem - the tech people at my company wouldn't be employed too long!!!!

5 of 72 (4,895 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2013 11:37:24 AM
(0)
Mentor

ginnpr wrote:

Actually, I've found that most of the tech people are pretty sharp, though none of them should be predicting when a fix/update will come out.

In defense of AT&T, they are dependent on outside software and support.  And who would that be?  I've heard that it's none other than Microsoft ... a company where software deployment is run by the marketing department rather than the software developers.

It's not just AT&T and MS, but throughout the industry I'm amazed at the lazy coders and almost nonexistent quality control.

ginnpr wrote:

Actually, I've found that most of the tech people are pretty sharp, though none of them should be predicting when a fix/update will come out.

In defense of AT&T, they are dependent on outside software and support.  And who would that be?  I've heard that it's none other than Microsoft ... a company where software deployment is run by the marketing department rather than the software developers.

It's not just AT&T and MS, but throughout the industry I'm amazed at the lazy coders and almost nonexistent quality control.

6 of 72 (4,893 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 29, 2013 12:55:17 PM
(0)
Employee

There is a problem where the server that the search was run on, returns that result in the time zone of the server location, not the STB location. SO if you live on the WEST coast, the search returns the Centran time zone data. It will not affect the correct scheduled time time of you recordings, as the DVR schedules from the EPG and the system knows what time zone you are in in spite of the returned search  data. This affects Eastern, Mt and Pacific time zones, as the servers are located in the Central Time Zone. It is being addressed, but it takes some time.

There is a problem where the server that the search was run on, returns that result in the time zone of the server location, not the STB location. SO if you live on the WEST coast, the search returns the Centran time zone data. It will not affect the correct scheduled time time of you recordings, as the DVR schedules from the EPG and the system knows what time zone you are in in spite of the returned search  data. This affects Eastern, Mt and Pacific time zones, as the servers are located in the Central Time Zone. It is being addressed, but it takes some time.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

7 of 72 (4,878 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2013 2:25:47 PM
(0)
Mentor
Thanks! I did notice that the scheduled recorded times are correct as you indicated. Just the more showtimes is incorrect. Sounds like att is aware. Just wanted to make sure it was Judy not me being affected.
Thanks! I did notice that the scheduled recorded times are correct as you indicated. Just the more showtimes is incorrect. Sounds like att is aware. Just wanted to make sure it was Judy not me being affected.

8 of 72 (4,865 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2013 12:00:57 PM
(0)
Scholar

Thanks again for the reply - but as mentioned in previous email - do not have dvr and tape things - which has not been good if I follow "showtimes"

Thanks again for the reply - but as mentioned in previous email - do not have dvr and tape things - which has not been good if I follow "showtimes"

9 of 72 (4,842 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2013 12:08:42 PM
(0)
Employee

ginnpr

It will not make a difference. Just schedule your VCR and follow the time in your (EPG) guide as it's aligned with local time zone. Again, this is only for  search results. It won't affect the actual times that programs are scheduled. Let's say you live on the East coast, and want to record NCIS at 8:00 EST, but the more sometimes returns the time as 7:00, because the search servers are in the Central time zone, just schedule your recording 8:00 - 9:00 and it will record correctly. 

Hope this helps!!!

Smiley Happy

ginnpr

It will not make a difference. Just schedule your VCR and follow the time in your (EPG) guide as it's aligned with local time zone. Again, this is only for  search results. It won't affect the actual times that programs are scheduled. Let's say you live on the East coast, and want to record NCIS at 8:00 EST, but the more sometimes returns the time as 7:00, because the search servers are in the Central time zone, just schedule your recording 8:00 - 9:00 and it will record correctly. 

Hope this helps!!!

Smiley Happy

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

10 of 72 (4,838 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2013 12:28:15 PM
(0)
Scholar

Thanks - but not sure what the guide you mentioned is - at at times too busy to see actual time - so mess up taping!!!

Thanks - but not sure what the guide you mentioned is - at at times too busy to see actual time - so mess up taping!!!

11 of 72 (4,837 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2013 12:54:00 PM
(0)
Employee

The guide is the Electronic Program Guide. If you hit "guide" on your remote, it will show up.

The guide is the Electronic Program Guide. If you hit "guide" on your remote, it will show up.

12 of 72 (4,834 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2013 1:10:58 PM
(0)
Scholar

Thanks - but sometimes I start the VCR - and leave and realize I used the "showtimes" section - have to put a note on the VCR - What a pain!!!!!

Thanks - but sometimes I start the VCR - and leave and realize I used the "showtimes" section - have to put a note on the VCR - What a pain!!!!!

13 of 72 (4,794 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2013 3:09:23 PM
(0)
Mentor

ginnpr wrote:

You only have to put one note on the VCR one time that says:  "Use the times from the Guide!!  Not from the 'More Showtimes' screen"

Then, if and when they fix this issue, you can throw the note away.

ginnpr wrote:

You only have to put one note on the VCR one time that says:  "Use the times from the Guide!!  Not from the 'More Showtimes' screen"

Then, if and when they fix this issue, you can throw the note away.

14 of 72 (4,785 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 2, 2013 10:18:24 AM
(0)
Tutor

I'm surprised more people aren't complaining about this problem.  When displaying additional showtimes they are indeed incorrect by 2 hours (on the West Coast) but the real issue is they all become unrecordable.  When attempting to record the future showtimes an error message appears and demands a manual recording.  It's a real hassle to search for future episodes, remember the approximate time, then return to Guide and jump forward hours or days in an attempt to locate the desired episode.  

I can't believe this bug wasn't given high priority status since it effectively invalidates search and future episodes.

I'm surprised more people aren't complaining about this problem.  When displaying additional showtimes they are indeed incorrect by 2 hours (on the West Coast) but the real issue is they all become unrecordable.  When attempting to record the future showtimes an error message appears and demands a manual recording.  It's a real hassle to search for future episodes, remember the approximate time, then return to Guide and jump forward hours or days in an attempt to locate the desired episode.  

I can't believe this bug wasn't given high priority status since it effectively invalidates search and future episodes.

15 of 72 (4,758 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 2, 2013 11:16:12 AM
(0)
Scholar

Thanks again for the reply - but for what I am paying monthly - I don't think I should have to do all of this checking to find the proper time!!!

Thanks again for the reply - but for what I am paying monthly - I don't think I should have to do all of this checking to find the proper time!!!

16 of 72 (4,758 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2013 2:02:55 PM
(0)
Scholar

You are so correct - I was tech person -and we would have been fired if something like this problem went on for 3 months - and we keep paying - just about ready to switch providers!!!!

You are so correct - I was tech person -and we would have been fired if something like this problem went on for 3 months - and we keep paying - just about ready to switch providers!!!!

17 of 72 (4,684 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2013 1:06:45 PM
(0)
Scholar

Not that this is the big problem - but prices keep going up - just about ready to move to another provider!!!!

Not that this is the big problem - but prices keep going up - just about ready to move to another provider!!!!

18 of 72 (4,656 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2013 2:38:57 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

AT&T U-Verse only changes rates once a year (usually in February). I'm not sure how prices are still going up for you.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

AT&T U-Verse only changes rates once a year (usually in February). I'm not sure how prices are still going up for you.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

19 of 72 (4,648 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2013 4:52:37 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

ginnpr wrote:

Let's see, Dish and Direct have a locked in rate for 1 year but required to sign a 2 year contract.
Comcast raises rates when the wind changes
TWC raises rates and currently does not have any CBS channels due to dispute (CBS, SHO, TMC)
AT&T raises their rates 1 time per year, in February and it's usually around $5.  If your rates have gone up recently it's either because a) your promotional rates have expired or b) you are renting PPV or OnDemand movies.
” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

ginnpr wrote:

Let's see, Dish and Direct have a locked in rate for 1 year but required to sign a 2 year contract.
Comcast raises rates when the wind changes
TWC raises rates and currently does not have any CBS channels due to dispute (CBS, SHO, TMC)
AT&T raises their rates 1 time per year, in February and it's usually around $5.  If your rates have gone up recently it's either because a) your promotional rates have expired or b) you are renting PPV or OnDemand movies.
” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

20 of 72 (4,626 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2013 11:12:36 AM
(0)
Scholar

Hi - I meant to say that seeing so many commercials on tv - giving better rates for 2 years then what I am paying!!!

Thanks

Hi - I meant to say that seeing so many commercials on tv - giving better rates for 2 years then what I am paying!!!

Thanks

21 of 72 (4,588 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2013 1:40:12 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

ginnpr wrote:

Thanks

Sounds like you are comparing new customer promotional rates to regular rates.  Not an apples to apples comparison.  Also, it's very difficult to compare two TV providers because they all have different programming packages, equipment and features.

ginnpr wrote:

Thanks

Sounds like you are comparing new customer promotional rates to regular rates.  Not an apples to apples comparison.  Also, it's very difficult to compare two TV providers because they all have different programming packages, equipment and features.

22 of 72 (4,573 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2013 1:11:51 PM
(0)
Scholar

What I find very funny is every couple of days - they add or delete channels and add a message - but cannot take

care of the time problem - they must have techs that are too up on the system - any word on when this problem will be corrected!!!!

What I find very funny is every couple of days - they add or delete channels and add a message - but cannot take

care of the time problem - they must have techs that are too up on the system - any word on when this problem will be corrected!!!!

23 of 72 (4,494 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2013 2:01:01 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Aug 30, 2013 at 2:02:56 PM

ginnpr wrote:

It is VERY hard to follow your posts and replies when you don't use the Quote box.

What channels are they adding / removing every couple of days?   You mentioned being a "tech."  If so, and this fix is SO simple, why not call AT&T and offer your help? 

In all honestly and all joking aside, folks who add channels are most likely NOT the same folks who would fix some sort of server intergration issue.  At any rate, based upon past experiences, it could take anywhere from 1 month to well over 6 to resolve what sounded like a "simple" issue (the Black Screen of Death on DVR issue).   Not to be a smart alleck but as long as you know the issue my suggestion is to go "grab a Coke and watch some good TV."  Good luck.

ginnpr wrote:

It is VERY hard to follow your posts and replies when you don't use the Quote box.

What channels are they adding / removing every couple of days?   You mentioned being a "tech."  If so, and this fix is SO simple, why not call AT&T and offer your help? 

In all honestly and all joking aside, folks who add channels are most likely NOT the same folks who would fix some sort of server intergration issue.  At any rate, based upon past experiences, it could take anywhere from 1 month to well over 6 to resolve what sounded like a "simple" issue (the Black Screen of Death on DVR issue).   Not to be a smart alleck but as long as you know the issue my suggestion is to go "grab a Coke and watch some good TV."  Good luck.

[ Edited ]
24 of 72 (4,478 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2013 2:21:01 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

ginnpr wrote:

You are delusional.  AT&T hasn't added or deleted channels every couple of days.  The last channel to be removed was Current TV and it has changed ownership and become Al Jazeera America.  Other than that the last channels to be removed were Hallmark, Hallmark Movie Channel and the NHL Network.

ginnpr wrote:

You are delusional.  AT&T hasn't added or deleted channels every couple of days.  The last channel to be removed was Current TV and it has changed ownership and become Al Jazeera America.  Other than that the last channels to be removed were Hallmark, Hallmark Movie Channel and the NHL Network.

25 of 72 (4,472 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2013 10:48:58 AM
(0)
Scholar

I guess I didn't explain exactly what I meant about adding channels - at least once or twice a week when I check the channel options and hide channels - it jumps up or down two or three channels - sorry for the confusion and also I did not say this is a simple solution but when talking to U-verse on the phone the tech person said they are not sure when it will be fixed and that have had hundreds of calls!!!

Thanks

I guess I didn't explain exactly what I meant about adding channels - at least once or twice a week when I check the channel options and hide channels - it jumps up or down two or three channels - sorry for the confusion and also I did not say this is a simple solution but when talking to U-verse on the phone the tech person said they are not sure when it will be fixed and that have had hundreds of calls!!!

Thanks

26 of 72 (4,441 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2013 6:52:33 PM
(0)
Contributor

You are correct, but does affect "all" searchs as well as more showtimes, and has caused me to miss the start of shows already in progress during this two hour time frame. Thanks for finding the problem!

You are correct, but does affect "all" searchs as well as more showtimes, and has caused me to miss the start of shows already in progress during this two hour time frame. Thanks for finding the problem!

27 of 72 (4,240 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2013 11:49:48 AM
(0)
Scholar

Did a U-Verse online chat - and was told that the problem is being worked on - and later that day received a live call from At&t - about the problem and they are very sorry but are trying to fix it as soon as possible!!!!

Did a U-Verse online chat - and was told that the problem is being worked on - and later that day received a live call from At&t - about the problem and they are very sorry but are trying to fix it as soon as possible!!!!

28 of 72 (4,221 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2013 4:02:49 AM
(0)
Contributor

It is now November and I am still having this issue too. Has this been fixed for anyone? How does "This is a known issue" make this problem solved?

It is now November and I am still having this issue too. Has this been fixed for anyone? How does "This is a known issue" make this problem solved?

29 of 72 (3,937 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2013 8:00:58 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by baseballisback on Nov 3, 2013 at 8:02:50 AM

I really, really hope they're not trying to push this under the rug. It would be extremely bush league if they did.

I've been trying to use the mobile app a lot.
1) It's faster
2) It doesn't hog the TV screen
3) It doesn't have this bug

4) I can easily search for a show and press the record button on several episodes at once without having to go through multiple screens to do so.

I really, really hope they're not trying to push this under the rug. It would be extremely bush league if they did.

I've been trying to use the mobile app a lot.
1) It's faster
2) It doesn't hog the TV screen
3) It doesn't have this bug

4) I can easily search for a show and press the record button on several episodes at once without having to go through multiple screens to do so.

[ Edited ]
30 of 72 (3,918 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments