For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
mchunter78's profile

Mentor

• 

81 Messages

Wednesday, July 24th, 2013 3:25 AM

Info button giving me incorrect more showtimes

I thought someone posted the same thing but can't find it now.

The actual grid guide will display the correct showtimes but when you press the info button on the remote and select more show times of a show the times are 2 hours off. I am on the West Coast but they are giving me times based on Central Time.

For example, Kill Bill 1 on 1933 Encore HD W in the grid guide shows correctly at 8 PM. However, when you click the info button and go to more showtimes, it gives me the same movie starting at 10 PM. This is the same for every channel I looked at such as my local television stations. This never happened before and not sure when this started to happen. 

Does anyone know of a fix or setting I need to change? Thanks

Former Employee

• 

310 Messages

11 years ago

The guide is the Electronic Program Guide. If you hit "guide" on your remote, it will show up.

Scholar

• 

148 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks - but sometimes I start the VCR - and leave and realize I used the "showtimes" section - have to put a note on the VCR - What a pain!!!!!

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

11 years ago

@ginnpr wrote:

Thanks - but sometimes I start the VCR - and leave and realize I used the "showtimes" section - have to put a note on the VCR - What a pain!!!!!

You only have to put one note on the VCR one time that says:  "Use the times from the Guide!!  Not from the 'More Showtimes' screen"

Then, if and when they fix this issue, you can throw the note away.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

I'm surprised more people aren't complaining about this problem.  When displaying additional showtimes they are indeed incorrect by 2 hours (on the West Coast) but the real issue is they all become unrecordable.  When attempting to record the future showtimes an error message appears and demands a manual recording.  It's a real hassle to search for future episodes, remember the approximate time, then return to Guide and jump forward hours or days in an attempt to locate the desired episode.  

I can't believe this bug wasn't given high priority status since it effectively invalidates search and future episodes.

Scholar

• 

148 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks again for the reply - but for what I am paying monthly - I don't think I should have to do all of this checking to find the proper time!!!

Scholar

• 

148 Messages

11 years ago

You are so correct - I was tech person -and we would have been fired if something like this problem went on for 3 months - and we keep paying - just about ready to switch providers!!!!

Scholar

• 

148 Messages

11 years ago

Not that this is the big problem - but prices keep going up - just about ready to move to another provider!!!!

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

11 years ago

AT&T U-Verse only changes rates once a year (usually in February). I'm not sure how prices are still going up for you.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

@ginnpr wrote:

Not that this is the big problem - but prices keep going up - just about ready to move to another provider!!!!

Let's see, Dish and Direct have a locked in rate for 1 year but required to sign a 2 year contract.
Comcast raises rates when the wind changes
TWC raises rates and currently does not have any CBS channels due to dispute (CBS, SHO, TMC)
AT&T raises their rates 1 time per year, in February and it's usually around $5.  If your rates have gone up recently it's either because a) your promotional rates have expired or b) you are renting PPV or OnDemand movies.

Scholar

• 

148 Messages

11 years ago

Hi - I meant to say that seeing so many commercials on tv - giving better rates for 2 years then what I am paying!!!

Thanks

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.