For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
mchunter78's profile

Mentor

• 

81 Messages

Wednesday, July 24th, 2013 3:25 AM

Info button giving me incorrect more showtimes

I thought someone posted the same thing but can't find it now.

The actual grid guide will display the correct showtimes but when you press the info button on the remote and select more show times of a show the times are 2 hours off. I am on the West Coast but they are giving me times based on Central Time.

For example, Kill Bill 1 on 1933 Encore HD W in the grid guide shows correctly at 8 PM. However, when you click the info button and go to more showtimes, it gives me the same movie starting at 10 PM. This is the same for every channel I looked at such as my local television stations. This never happened before and not sure when this started to happen. 

Does anyone know of a fix or setting I need to change? Thanks

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

310 Messages

11 years ago

There is a problem where the server that the search was run on, returns that result in the time zone of the server location, not the STB location. SO if you live on the WEST coast, the search returns the Centran time zone data. It will not affect the correct scheduled time time of you recordings, as the DVR schedules from the EPG and the system knows what time zone you are in in spite of the returned search  data. This affects Eastern, Mt and Pacific time zones, as the servers are located in the Central Time Zone. It is being addressed, but it takes some time.

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

11 years ago

That was an "enhancement" provided us with the previous (prior to the CC "fix") update.  Or at least it coincided with that update.  That's when I first noticed it, but it seemed to affect only the 'more showtimes' for the scheduled programs screen.  Now, it appears that it is uversal and occurs from the program guide also. 

It is an issue for some of us here, but apparently not for those living in the Central Time Zone, where AT&T HQ is located.

Scholar

• 

148 Messages

11 years ago

Hi - On 7/6 a tech at my house told me that this problem should be corrected in the 7/8 update - which it has not been - I do not have a dvr - tape lots of show which are wrong when I set by what the more showtimes say - I am in the EST time zone - I guess they think everyone is in CMT - just about ready to leave U-verse - not because of this problem but several other reasons - many of my friends have left - !!!!

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

11 years ago

@ginnpr wrote:

Hi - On 7/6 a tech at my house told me that this problem should be corrected in the 7/8 update - which it has not been - I do not have a dvr - tape lots of show which are wrong when I set by what the more showtimes say - I am in the EST time zone - I guess they think everyone is in CMT - just about ready to leave U-verse - not because of this problem but several other reasons - many of my friends have left - !!!!

Just an FYI, but if you have U-200 or better, you already have the DVR.

Scholar

• 

148 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for the reply - but I have been grandfathered in with the 100 - how many channels and shows

can I watch - I have more interesting things to do with my time - but every few days they add channels - and still

cannot fix this "stupid" problem - the tech people at my company wouldn't be employed too long!!!!

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

11 years ago

@ginnpr wrote:

Thanks for the reply - but I have been grandfathered in with the 100 - how many channels and shows

can I watch - I have more interesting things to do with my time - but every few days they add channels - and still

cannot fix this "stupid" problem - the tech people at my company wouldn't be employed too long!!!!

Actually, I've found that most of the tech people are pretty sharp, though none of them should be predicting when a fix/update will come out.

In defense of AT&T, they are dependent on outside software and support.  And who would that be?  I've heard that it's none other than Microsoft ... a company where software deployment is run by the marketing department rather than the software developers.

It's not just AT&T and MS, but throughout the industry I'm amazed at the lazy coders and almost nonexistent quality control.

Mentor

• 

81 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks! I did notice that the scheduled recorded times are correct as you indicated. Just the more showtimes is incorrect. Sounds like att is aware. Just wanted to make sure it was Judy not me being affected.

Scholar

• 

148 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks again for the reply - but as mentioned in previous email - do not have dvr and tape things - which has not been good if I follow "showtimes"

Former Employee

• 

310 Messages

11 years ago

ginnpr

It will not make a difference. Just schedule your VCR and follow the time in your (EPG) guide as it's aligned with local time zone. Again, this is only for  search results. It won't affect the actual times that programs are scheduled. Let's say you live on the East coast, and want to record NCIS at 8:00 EST, but the more sometimes returns the time as 7:00, because the search servers are in the Central time zone, just schedule your recording 8:00 - 9:00 and it will record correctly. 

Hope this helps!!!

Smiley Happy

Scholar

• 

148 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks - but not sure what the guide you mentioned is - at at times too busy to see actual time - so mess up taping!!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.