Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Feb 2, 2014
8:41:05 AM
View profile
Incoming IP Threats - uTorrent
Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Feb 24, 2014 at 12:58:55 PM

I never had so many intrussions before I installed uTorrent to deal with my Microsoft software. I am not even on the internet and I am being hit by these IP Numbers. Thank God I have a great Malware & Add ware system plus a good fire wall. I was hoping ATT would be able to stop these intrusions before they hit my system. I know no harm is done, yet when I look at my daily logs, it is incredable. 

I never had so many intrussions before I installed uTorrent to deal with my Microsoft software. I am not even on the internet and I am being hit by these IP Numbers. Thank God I have a great Malware & Add ware system plus a good fire wall. I was hoping ATT would be able to stop these intrusions before they hit my system. I know no harm is done, yet when I look at my daily logs, it is incredable. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 19, 2014 1:51:10 PM
(0)
Community Manager
Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Feb 20, 2014 at 2:09:01 PM

Hello @gzabik 

uTorrent is a file sharing application and it's just how it works, when you download a file, you're connecting to many other users and get parts of it from their computers (leech), the same way when you have a file on your computer (seed), anyone with that torrent file will be able to connect to your computer to download it. For uTorrent to work, it's basically always allowed through your firewall. So, it sounds like you're seeding some files, you should open uTorrent, go to Active, then right click on any files in there and select stop or remove if you don't need them anymore. It also sounds like uTorrent is running in the background, most likely loads on startup by default, you should be able to change those settings in uTorrents Settings menu.

Thanks.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Incoming IP Threats - uTorrent

[ Edited ]
2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 19, 2014 1:51:10 PM
(0)
Community Manager
Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Feb 20, 2014 at 2:09:01 PM

Hello @gzabik 

uTorrent is a file sharing application and it's just how it works, when you download a file, you're connecting to many other users and get parts of it from their computers (leech), the same way when you have a file on your computer (seed), anyone with that torrent file will be able to connect to your computer to download it. For uTorrent to work, it's basically always allowed through your firewall. So, it sounds like you're seeding some files, you should open uTorrent, go to Active, then right click on any files in there and select stop or remove if you don't need them anymore. It also sounds like uTorrent is running in the background, most likely loads on startup by default, you should be able to change those settings in uTorrents Settings menu.

Thanks.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello @gzabik 

Thanks.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Incoming IP Threats - China - Korea-Moldavia- Ukraine-Russia, etc.

[ Edited ]
2 of 3 (661 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2014 5:14:34 PM
(0)
Contributor
Thank you very much. You are the first one to explain it to me!

Thank You very much again.............
Thank you very much. You are the first one to explain it to me!

Thank You very much again.............

Re: Incoming IP Threats - China - Korea-Moldavia- Ukraine-Russia, etc.

3 of 3 (647 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments