Need help with your equipment?
gzabik's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, February 2nd, 2014 4:41 PM

Incoming IP Threats - uTorrent

I never had so many intrussions before I installed uTorrent to deal with my Microsoft software. I am not even on the internet and I am being hit by these IP Numbers. Thank God I have a great Malware & Add ware system plus a good fire wall. I was hoping ATT would be able to stop these intrusions before they hit my system. I know no harm is done, yet when I look at my daily logs, it is incredable. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @gzabik 

uTorrent is a file sharing application and it's just how it works, when you download a file, you're connecting to many other users and get parts of it from their computers (leech), the same way when you have a file on your computer (seed), anyone with that torrent file will be able to connect to your computer to download it. For uTorrent to work, it's basically always allowed through your firewall. So, it sounds like you're seeding some files, you should open uTorrent, go to Active, then right click on any files in there and select stop or remove if you don't need them anymore. It also sounds like uTorrent is running in the background, most likely loads on startup by default, you should be able to change those settings in uTorrents Settings menu.

Thanks.

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you very much. You are the first one to explain it to me!

Thank You very much again.............
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.