For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
CostaMesaCAGuy's profile

Scholar

• 

223 Messages

Wednesday, December 17th, 2014 1:36 AM

I'm back with U-verse! : )

Hi all, as of today after being with Time Warner for the past 11 months, I have returned to U-verse.  I previously had U-verse from late 2009 until this past January.  I decided to return after fidning out that my monthly discounted rate with Time Warner would expire next month and also learning that if I rejoin U-verse, I could lock in a monthly rate good for the next two years. Plus I will get a $200 rewards card.

The real big reasons for me returing was learning just one day after I switched to Time Warner, U-verse began picking up BBC World News, as well as carrying it in HD.  Time Warner only carries it in standard def.  For five years before I switched, I have been bugging U-verse to carry BBC America in HD, as well as to carry BBC World News and told them I'll be satisfied if they carried BBC World in standard def.  I also switched because Time Warner carried Al Jazzera America and U-verse didn't at the time.  Lo and behold, U-verse also added Al Jazzera as well.

Of course as a former Time Warner customer, I received The Hallmark Channel, but I hardly watched it.  We also carried the Sportsnet Channel that broadcast the Los Angeles Dodgers games as well.

But I'm glad to be back at U-verse and I'm not going back to Time Warner again.  Shortly after I switched, I was about to purchase a badge for myself for the upcoming San Diego Comic-Con in which they can only be purchased online and that they sell out in an hour.  My Time Warner service went down less than 24 hours before the sale was to take place, causing me heartache!  I had to drive to a 24-hour Internet gamers' cafe in Fullerton to buy my badge. Only after I was succesful and returned home, my Internet connection was back up.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

Live and learn. Welcome back.

Mentor

• 

77 Messages

9 years ago

Welcome back fellow Costa Mesa'n!

Guru

• 

644 Messages

9 years ago

Welcome back

Guru

• 

506 Messages

9 years ago

Don't worry about where you've been, just where you're at. Welcome back.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

9 years ago

Welcome back. U-Verse continues to add new channels... they recently added a bunch of the off-beat Showtime and Encore/Starz channels to their HD lineup.

YMMV, but to me, they've been GREAT about temporary promotions. The trick, as I'm sure you're aware, is to stay on top of when they expire.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.