Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 15, 2012
3:31:24 PM
View profile
How to get full screen?

So I just came from Xfinity and I was able to get all my channels full screen hd or not. I noticed on Uverse I can only get full screen on hd only but not on any other channels. I find this very irritating! Is there a way to fix this?

So I just came from Xfinity and I was able to get all my channels full screen hd or not. I noticed on Uverse I can only get full screen on hd only but not on any other channels. I find this very irritating! Is there a way to fix this?

Accepted Solution

How to get full screen?

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 15, 2012 3:43:04 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
tmbogan - The enter button - bottom right will call up a meny to zoom the picture,
tmbogan - The enter button - bottom right will call up a meny to zoom the picture,
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How to get full screen?

2 of 7 (18,111 Views)
Solution
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 15, 2012 4:05:46 PM
(0)
Teacher

Do I have to do this every time I go to a channel that is small boxed or is there a way to make it do it on its own every time?

Do I have to do this every time I go to a channel that is small boxed or is there a way to make it do it on its own every time?

3 of 7 (18,093 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 15, 2012 4:19:39 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

It stays as set. I beleive it affects HD channels  because some have 4:3 shows. You will need to experiment to see what is best for you. It would be nice if there were an "auto widescreen". But, there is not.

It stays as set. I beleive it affects HD channels  because some have 4:3 shows. You will need to experiment to see what is best for you. It would be nice if there were an "auto widescreen". But, there is not.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 7 (18,087 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 16, 2013 6:17:02 AM
(0)
Tutor

The "Zoom" button now has a different menu.  This morning I do not have full screen on some channels and cannot fix them.

The "Zoom" button now has a different menu.  This morning I do not have full screen on some channels and cannot fix them.

5 of 7 (15,793 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 16, 2013 7:18:40 AM
(0)
Employee
Under zoom is line called stretch, thing silly putting effect, this is only valid when watching standard (3 digit channels)

If watching HD channels and not filling screen this means show not recorded in HD and will get smaller screen, most often associated with commercials or watching older movies (TMChd) if movie was recorded before HD technology was available but being broadcast on HD channel.

Jjcoker1, as issue is not system wide, suspect that is the feed ATT is receiving, nothing can be done unless you go into your tv menu screen (tv remote not uverse remote) and play with your picture settings,which will affect normal viewing.
Under zoom is line called stretch, thing silly putting effect, this is only valid when watching standard (3 digit channels)

If watching HD channels and not filling screen this means show not recorded in HD and will get smaller screen, most often associated with commercials or watching older movies (TMChd) if movie was recorded before HD technology was available but being broadcast on HD channel.

Jjcoker1, as issue is not system wide, suspect that is the feed ATT is receiving, nothing can be done unless you go into your tv menu screen (tv remote not uverse remote) and play with your picture settings,which will affect normal viewing.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 7 (15,786 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 17, 2013 8:06:41 AM
(0)
Scholar

use your televisions zoom functions rather than the Uverse box.

use your televisions zoom functions rather than the Uverse box.

7 of 7 (15,736 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments