For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
J37W37's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, April 21st, 2015 3:42 AM

How to fix internet warning(yellow triangle over lock): "Connection partially encripted..."

internet warning(yellow triangle over lock): "Connection partially encripted..."  This seems to show up on bank sites, Amazon, etc.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

9 years ago

@J37W37 wrote:

internet warning(yellow triangle over lock): "Connection partially encripted..."  This seems to show up on bank sites, Amazon, etc.

I assume you have Chrome.  Apparently Google has taken it upon itself to notify us that some sites are using older versions of encryption when newer versions exist.  I've noticed this on several sites.  These older encryption versions have been compromised by somebody, somewhere at least once, and so Google thinks you ought to know you're not using the latest and greatest.  This is part of the software/configuration of the site you're visiting.  Your ISP has nothing to do with it.

You should either (a) ignore it, (b) contact the site you're connecting to and tell them about it, (c) contact Google and tell them not to scare you, and/or (d) use another browser until the problem goes away.

If you click on the symbol, you'll see this:

Capture-2015-04-21.PNG

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you for the info.  This is happening on both Google and Firefox.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

9 years ago

I've also seen Chrome draw a red line through the https: on some sites for the same reason.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.