harry763's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, July 15th, 2013 3:29 AM

HDMI Connections

My Tv has 2 HDMI inputs: HDMI in 1, and HDMI in 2 (DVI).  Which should my Blue Ray DVD HDMI go to and which should my AT&T Uverse  Box HDMI go to?  Or doesn't it matter?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Doesn't matter.  Just remember which one is plugged into which input so you can switch between them depending on what you want to view on the TV screen.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

harry763 - I completely agree with BeeBee. At the risk of adding unwanted info - I notice you parened DVI on HDMI2. This says to me that if you wanted to connect a computer DVI output, you would connect it to HDMI2. There should be a separate sound connection.

Don't hesitate to post if you come up with more questions. It would be good if you could post make/model of your devices so that we could consult the user manual if there is a complex issue. And, We could reference the manual in the answer if it id a complicated answer.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for the responses.  FYI I have a Samsung series 5 5000 39" LED, a Samsung 5.1CH Blu-Ray System and the AT&T Uverse box , with Internet (no voice).  I have HDMI from the Blue Ray to the TV and HDMI from the box to the TV (the HDMI with DVI in parens).  Also have optical audio cable from Blue Ray to TV.  

Thanks for clarifying my confusion.  Any other tips would be appreciated.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

11 years ago

You don't need to connect the optical cable from the Blu Ray Player to the TV. The optical port on your TV is actually an output that is meant for tranferring the sound from the TV to a seperate audio device such as a sound system.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

It allows me to play the TV thru the DVD speakers.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

11 years ago

@harry763 wrote:

It allows me to play the TV thru the DVD speakers.

Ah so you have a all-in one blu-ray/speaker system. Well in that case you have it connected perfectly.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.