For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
Beep123's profile

Mentor

• 

50 Messages

Monday, May 23rd, 2016 4:21 PM

Goodbye AT&T UVERSE and your DATA CAPS

I just called TWC today to make a switch to 100mbp with 200 channels of TV for the same prices as your internet! I GET NO DATA CAPS EITHER! So goodbye oppression and limitations to knowledge and freedom, for now.

I hope there is a mass exodus from AT&T. You guys have cheated us for so many years! Remember you use to offer unlimited internet on your Iphones? Then you "throttled" all of us...

I don't care about your extra $30 a month for unlimited internet because you'll just jack the price up again in 6 months!!!! You cannot be trusted. I reported your actions to the FCC and I hope everyone does too. Your actions to cap us, like COMCAST are oppressive!

I don't care about your Gigapower or your higher tiered data caps! You will just cheat us in the end anyways.

And finally...my last words to AT&T, suck it!

Mentor

• 

50 Messages

8 years ago

http://www.recode.net/2016/4/25/11586392/charter-fcc-broadband-data-caps

Take a look at this people....switch now and enjoy interenet without caps for the next 7 years.

Mentor

• 

50 Messages

8 years ago

Lol...someone 1 starred??? lol...must be an AT&T employee! 

Mentor

• 

50 Messages

8 years ago

Scholar

• 

421 Messages

8 years ago

May 23, 2016 1:36:09 PM

( 2)

Teacher

Lol...someone 1 starred??? lol...must be an AT&T employee! 

@Beep123

Yes it most likely is....such petty tom foolery when most of the times comments such as your own are absolutely TRUE and ACCURATE to boot. 

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Randall Stephenson himself clicking the one star rating!

Smiley Very HappySmiley Surprised

Mentor

• 

50 Messages

8 years ago

Probably. I got a message from someone telling me they could help me get unlimited internet with direct tv. Like I want to pay $150 for Internet and tv again. The only reason I signed up for tv with TWC was so I can get the $300 visa gift card. TWC offered me 100mb of Internet, 200+ channels of tv, and home phone for about $100. I'm paying $90 for 75mb with ATT and I get no tv or home phone. What I get is data caps and a measuring tool on my iPhone so I can have panic attacks on a monthly basis.

Scholar

• 

168 Messages

8 years ago

Ya. If I could cable, I would change right now.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

Morning all,

No caps have been placed. Please check out our articles here. They are a few things our members do not know and this will explain in detail what is going on. 

-ATTU-verseCare

Mentor

• 

50 Messages

8 years ago

@ATTU-verseCare

Ok its called an "allowance"

Sorry, I don't want an allowance. I hope everyone see's the options out there and votes with their feet. AT&T does not value their long term customers by gouging them for more money. My family grew up with At&t and when I bought my new home, I purchased At&t. I stuck through some of the problems and the bad service technicians. But this is the nail in the coffin for me. Goody bye and maybe I'll consider you in year 8 if TWC decides to do the same. 

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/columnist/2016/05/01/charter-drop-data-caps-but-they-exist-elsewhere/83713186/

BTW it funny how all my posts get 1 starred but @ATTU-verseCare doesn't get any review until just now. Oh and its a 5 star! lol Wonder who's doing that (sarcasm)! lol

Mentor

• 

50 Messages

8 years ago

Right from the news article I posted (TWC is now apart of Charter): 

"Over the next seven years, the new Charter would pledge:

• not to impose any data caps or charge more for extra data used;

• allow online video providers like Netflix to “interconnect” with its network for free;

• not discourage or obstruct online video providers from selling to its subscribers;

• expand its broadband service to another two million homes, one million of which must already be covered by another broadband provider (per the FCC’s revised-in-2015 definition, a service offering download speeds of at least 25 million bits per second and uploads of at least 3 Mbps).

The data-caps part of the deal might seem to have the most obvious effect on customers in such cities as New York, Los Angeles and Dallas and states like Alabama, Connecticut, Florida, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio and Wisconsin."

Losing business in all those states seems like it will have a grave effect on your investors pocket books and portfolios. Maybe it's time for At&t board of directors to reconsider their management.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

8 years ago

TWC only offered me 30 mb, 200 channels and phone for $90 plus equipment charges. $300 gift card also. I considered it but too many gift card restrictions and I didn't like their DVR. So I decided to stick with att. I hope you are happy after switching. Just don't be shocked if charter asks to add data caps earlier than 7 years or fails to meet the fcc conditions of the purchase approval.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.