CPav's profile

Tutor

• 

14 Messages

Thursday, February 16th, 2012 8:45 PM

Fox Sports Midwest - Cardinals Blackout 2012

Have the issues that led to 20 Cardinals games being blacked out last season been resolved?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Regardless of what channel i am watching on uverse I pay for the service.  I expect ATT to answer my questions honestly and address my concerns, that didn't seem to happen until I spoke to a rep form the st. louis area. I ended up getting $60.00 in credits.  Instead of giving people credits maybe Att should just work out the contract with FSM.  Blaming it on the Cardinals or FSM is not going to fly in STL.  ATT maybe should stop handing out credits and just work out the contract with FSM.  

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

We avoided U Verse last year for this very issue and were assured it would not be a problem this year. Now I read a quote from a U-Verse spokesman stating that sometimes they need to make tough decisions on behalf of their customers to keep costs down. I don't think U Verse represents a particularly cost beneficial alternative to other services which have taken care of their devoted Cardinals fans and really find it galling to be told it is for my own good on top of it. Where is the nearest exit? A faith breaker for sure.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@Smurdoch1005 wrote:
We avoided U Verse last year for this very issue and were assured it would not be a problem this year. Now I read a quote from a U-Verse spokesman stating that sometimes they need to make tough decisions on behalf of their customers to keep costs down. I don't think U Verse represents a particularly cost beneficial alternative to other services which have taken care of their devoted Cardinals fans and really find it galling to be told it is for my own good on top of it. Where is the nearest exit? A faith breaker for sure.

Assured by who?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

By the AT&T representative who sold us the service. However, not having the details on the nature of the disagreement we may have failed to ask the correct question. I've read your posts and your point is clear. No further posts from me on this subject; agree it's not an effective forum in which to provide feedback.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

A sale rep would have no knowledge of the agreement between U-verse and FSMW. There were no announcements from either party that the dispute had been resolved.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Caveat emptor. We'll be sure and do our own homework in the future.

Scholar

• 

136 Messages

12 years ago

@JefferMC wrote:

@bailorg wrote:

You forgot the fifth event:

Every other provider, including tiny bit-players most people have never heard of, in the St. Louis metro area agrees to these supposedly exorbinant fees.

Um, no.  There are 21 providers listed by the Cardinals as not carrying these affected games. AT&T is only one of them.  And if all your friends jumped off a cliff, would you jump off, too?

Those 21 providers aren't in the St. Louis metro area:

"We continue to talk with AT&T with the hope that they will choose to deliver all Cardinals telecasts to fans this season,’’ FSM spokesman Geoff Goldman said. "Every other provider in the St. Louis area will distribute all Cardinals games" this season."

Read more: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/fsm-at-t-flap-over-cards-games-still-not-settled/article_c2354a74-5e76-11e1-88c8-001a4bcf6878.html#ixzz1rnwhhvWQ

And also, do you even have a link for the "21 providers" claim?  Are you sure you didn't look at list at those affected by the 2011 blackout? 

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

12 years ago

@bailorg wrote:

Those 21 providers aren't in the St. Louis metro area:

"We continue to talk with AT&T with the hope that they will choose to deliver all Cardinals telecasts to fans this season,’’ FSM spokesman Geoff Goldman said. "Every other provider in the St. Louis area will distribute all Cardinals games" this season."

Read more: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/fsm-at-t-flap-over-cards-games-still-not-settled/article_c2354a74-5e76-11e1-88c8-001a4bcf6878.html#ixzz1rnwhhvWQ

And also, do you even have a link for the "21 providers" claim?  Are you sure you didn't look at list at those affected by the 2011 blackout? 

This is the page I found on the Cardinal's web site listing the affected providers.  

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/stl/schedule/fsnmw_affected.jsp

The schedule below the providers doesn't have a year, but comparing it to a 2012 schedule, it must be last years', thus they may not have updated the list of providers either. 

Fox Sport's Midwest has the following page dated April 9th that says "Some video providers" but doesn't list them.  I take "Some" to mean "more than one."  However, no, I can't tell you if any of them serve the St. Louis Market.

http://www.foxsportsmidwest.com/04/09/12/MISSING-GAMES/landing.html?blockID=705496&feedID=9375

I don't fault anyone for wanting to see these games.  I do fault the Cardinals and FSMW for yanking them off an OTA station, putting them on a pay channel, and then upping the rate for that channel mid-term for a provider to carry these games.  Yes, a lot of providers just bent over and paid the ransom.

It appears that AT&T has made their choice, I guess it's time for you to make yours.

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

12 years ago

Yes AT&T has made their choice. Face it people. You are not getting Hallmark back. You are not getting NHL back. You are not getting Disney Jr. You are not getting your Cardinals games or your Padres games or anything else new for that matter. All you can do is pick up the phone call the competition and see what they have to say. You might be surprised what they will offer you to make the switch. The people who are telling you that complaining here will do no good are right. Pick up the phone.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

I'm a retired 37-yr Southwestern Bell/SBC/AT&T employee and after reading alot of these posts it looks to me as if "texasguy" and "dwinth" are AT&T surrogates or incognito moderators.  Every argument that is put forth, there they are to shoot it down.

I just talked with a rep named Charlie.  He went to his Tier-2 support and the only thing that they could give him was a physical address in Dallas.  No phone number.  No e-mail address.  

Maybe a few calls to the Better Business Bureau with an "Executive Complaint" will turn up the heat.  I know of one person here in St. Louis that has already done it.

{personal content removed for safety}

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.