For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
CPav's profile

Tutor

• 

14 Messages

Thursday, February 16th, 2012 8:45 PM

Fox Sports Midwest - Cardinals Blackout 2012

Have the issues that led to 20 Cardinals games being blacked out last season been resolved?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

If at&t doesn't start carrying the cardinal games soon, I will be more than happy to find some other company that will!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Hey is anyone at ATT listening ? Or are we just shouting down a well. I was never told that the games would be blacked out when I signed up last month.. Let the buyer beware, I guess. Anyhow, someone has to fix this! Maybe BBB should get inundated with complaints about deceptive practices by ATT salespeople who don't level with the customers.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I will be canceling att uverse very soon.  I can't watch the Cardinals game tonight and couldn't last night either!!  BULL I will be getting Charter very soon.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

absolutely GD unbelievable - i just had Uverse installed at the new townhouse about a month ago and was told SPECIFICALLY by the rep doing the phone work that no Cardinals games would be blacked out in St. Louis

i asked the question because i was concerned about ATT being based in Atlanta and how that would play out with a team in another market

basically, I was directly lied to - the kicker is, the game tonight in Cincinnati would be carried as a regional game in st louis on the MLB Network ... except that they don't want to step on the toes of FSN Midwest and carry the game in their market!

I will be switching back to Charter asap

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

well I guess we are on the first att blackout of cardinal games 4-10-12.

Have been on hold with att for 12 1/2 minutes...this is crazy

Observer

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I live in St.Louis, Mo. I just tried to tune in to watch our World Champion Cardinals play the Reds in Cincinati only to find the game is blacked out. Got chatted up by a service rep just to find out that there are a total of 20 games blacked out this season. All of the other tv service providers are broadcasting the game but ATT............NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. This sucks and I am seriously considering going back to satelite. ATT, for all of their size and power just didn't want to cough up the $. They went on the cheap at the expense of the fans.

{post merged}

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

the reps dont know crap about this situation, I was told the same thing last year, and then was told it would be fixed this year for sure...not sure what I'm going to do next

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

12 years ago

@cardjon wrote:

Hey is anyone at ATT listening ? Or are we just shouting down a well. I was never told that the games would be blacked out when I signed up last month.. Let the buyer beware, I guess. Anyhow, someone has to fix this! Maybe BBB should get inundated with complaints about deceptive practices by ATT salespeople who don't level with the customers.

Complaining on here, while it may make you feel better isn't going to get a response from AT&T.  BBB has absolutely NOTHING to do with whether a provider AT&T can be held hostage by a network FSMW.  Except for the breach of contract by FSMW.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

12 years ago

@craig2914 wrote:

absolutely GD unbelievable - i just had Uverse installed at the new townhouse about a month ago and was told SPECIFICALLY by the rep doing the phone work that no Cardinals games would be blacked out in St. Louis

i asked the question because i was concerned about ATT being based in Atlanta and how that would play out with a team in another market

basically, I was directly lied to - the kicker is, the game tonight in Cincinnati would be carried as a regional game in st louis on the MLB Network ... except that they don't want to step on the toes of FSN Midwest and carry the game in their market!

I will be switching back to Charter asap

AT&T is based out of Dallas, not Atlanta.  As long as contract is in place AT&T shows all the games that are on a network, EXCEPT for FSMW which decided in the middle of a valid contract to want more money.  AT&T politely told them to pack sand. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

U-Verse is playing with fire in blacking out Cardinal games in Cardinal Nation. We are legion. This is the quickest and surest way to lose customers in the vastness that is Cardinal Nation.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.