For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
CPav's profile

Tutor

• 

14 Messages

Thursday, February 16th, 2012 8:45 PM

Fox Sports Midwest - Cardinals Blackout 2012

Have the issues that led to 20 Cardinals games being blacked out last season been resolved?

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

12 years ago

@stlkg wrote:

Another year of missing key games (cards, brewers) through August. I am not sticking around for another year of it!

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/dan-caesar/cardinals-games-blacked-out-on-at-t-u-verse/article_0473c53c-7a1f-11e1-96f4-0019bb30f31a.html 

Obviously you did not bother to read my post above yours where I posted the link to Dan Caesar's column.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

Hopefully, those who consider receiving those 20 games as a "must have" will go ahead and change to another provider instead of continuing to post about their unhappiness here on the forum.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

Hopefully, those who consider receiving those 20 games as a "must have" will go ahead and change to another provider instead of continuing to post about their unhappiness here on the forum.

Sounds like someone is still a little bitter about the WS.  I'm not sure how y'all do it down in Texas, but we take our baseball pretty seriously up here in Missoura.

Seriously though, aren't forums like this meant to provide feedback. Hopefully someone from AT&T is listening to this and they make a change. All other service providers have made the deal with FSM for the 20 games. Watching those games is important to me and I'm sure it is for others. It was very frustrating last year when I was forced to follow online. I've been happy with U-Verse, however, I would strongly consider switching to Charter or DirectTV if this isn't resolved.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

BMaySTL wrote:

Sounds like someone is still a little bitter about the WS.  I'm not sure how y'all do it down in Texas, but we take our baseball pretty seriously up here in Missoura.

Seriously though, aren't forums like this meant to provide feedback. Hopefully someone from AT&T is listening to this and they make a change. All other service providers have made the deal with FSM for the 20 games. Watching those games is important to me and I'm sure it is for others. It was very frustrating last year when I was forced to follow online. I've been happy with U-Verse, however, I would strongly consider switching to Charter or DirectTV if this isn't resolved.

I see you are new to the forum, so let me catch you up on a couple of things.  First, U-verse did not reach an agreement last year with FSM to carry the additional 20 Cardinal games despite continual postings on this forum from some unhappy Cardinal fans.  This year it will be different for what reason?

Second, yes, the forum is for feedback; however, when the same users continue to the post the same comments expressing their unhappiness, it's becomes useless.

I will repeat my earlier comment.  If those 20 games are considered "must haves" for you, change to another provider who carries those games.  Continuing to post messages on this forum expressing your unhappiness will not be productive.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

12 years ago

@BMaySTL wrote:

@texasguy37 wrote:

Let me put it to you like this, if you signed a contract with a company for services and then in the middle of the contract the company decided it wanted more money, would you pay?  This is basically what FSMW is doing.  They already have a legal and binding contract in place and because the local station decided to drop those games FSMW wants more money to air them.  It's called being held hostage and shouldn't be tolerated. If more providers would say no to the broadcast companies then rates wouldn't continue to go up.  Sure Comcast had no issue paying the extra, why, because they just raised everyones rates for the 2nd or 3rd time in a year.

Scholar

• 

117 Messages

12 years ago

You don't understand why we're unhappy? You think we complain
about the blackouts too much.What about the people still talking
about the Hallmark channel?

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@costanza wrote:
You don't understand why we're unhappy? You think we complain
about the blackouts too much.What about the people still talking
about the Hallmark channel?

I don't think anyone has said that they don't understand why you would be unhappy or that you should not be unhappy. The point is that if you are unhappy, take some action.  If it is important to you to have access to the additional 20 games, change to a provider who will carry them.  Continuing to post about your unhappiness on this forum is not productive, and as you can see from last year, it will not change AT&T's position on this matter. AT&T continues to take the stance that they should not have to pay an additional fee to FSM to broadcast those games.  Their position has not changed since last year.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

If you look on Fox Sports Midwest site, it states that they have made available all Cardinal broadcasts except for the ones being televised on ESPN and Fox.  They also give the list of the few cable companies that have "elected" not to show the ST Louis Cardinal games. So if you look at their website and choose to believe FSM, it is AT & T that is being hard-nosed in this whole situation.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

12 years ago

@hma wrote:

If you look on Fox Sports Midwest site, it states that they have made available all Cardinal broadcasts except for the ones being televised on ESPN and Fox.  They also give the list of the few cable companies that have "elected" not to show the ST Louis Cardinal games. So if you look at their website and choose to believe FSM, it is AT & T that is being hard-nosed in this whole situation.

That's FSMW putting their spin on the situation.  What FSMW has done is elect not to honor a valid carriage agreement contract.  AT&T has elected to call them on it and not pay the ransom money.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

What a rip. We were particularly interested in Cardinals Games on FSM when we signed up. Now we find that 20 Games are blacked out.2012.. I don't think well be  staying long with this kind of quality service.   Charter never failed in delivering FSM. We also get periodic blackouts on St louis channel 5We pay good money for service and we expect it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.