oufanindallas's profile
ACE - Master

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

Friday, July 11th, 2014 3:22 PM

Epix is coming to UVerse

Channel surfing this morning and stumbled across this Channels 1891-1894 EpixHD, EpixWH, Epix2H and Epix3H.  Doesn't give a go live date though.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

It will be available a la carte. Free preview July 25-27.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

@Johnny672003 wrote:

it will be with U-Basic on up, I just got off chat with a rep.

It will be an OPTION on U-Basic, no doubt, but they're not going to give it away with U-Basic.  No way, no how.  Chat rep must have been misinformed.  It might be in U-450, but I have my doubts about that.

Master

• 

5.7K Messages

10 years ago

Never heard of it.  What kind of programming does EPiX have?

Phil

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

Here's their web site and a listing of the movies they show.  

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

10 years ago

@Anonymous wrote:

The uverse channel line-up seems to confirm what this poster said. 

http://www.att.com/u-verse/shop/channel-lineup.jsp

I found an article stating Time Warner charges (at least at first) $4.99 a month for EPIX. I looked at Charter's website, and it's $15/month. 

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

@MicCheck wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I found an article stating Time Warner charges (at least at first) $4.99 a month for EPIX. I looked at Charter's website, and it's $15/month. 

Yes, it shows it is part of the Channel Package EPIX and not in U-450.  That channel package is akin to Premium channel packages such as HBO, SHOWTIME, etc. 

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@JefferMC wrote:

@MicCheck wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, it shows it is part of the Channel Package EPIX and not in U-450.  That channel package is akin to Premium channel packages such as HBO, SHOWTIME, etc. 

I am a bit confused about the four EPIX channels (1891-1894). I have U-450, and pay extra for the Premium channels. Does the above statement mean that despite having U-450 and paying for the Premium channels, I would still have to pay extra to get EPIX?

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

On the other EPIX thread:

Beany wrote:
Epix will available on July 14. It will be an a la cart channel. I don't know the price. Free preview July 25-27.

He answered my question. EPIX will be an additional amount to what I pay for U-450 and the Premium channels.

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

10 years ago

@dwinth wrote:

@JefferMC wrote:

@MicCheck wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am a bit confused about the four EPIX channels (1891-1894). I have U-450, and pay extra for the Premium channels. Does the above statement mean that despite having U-450 and paying for the Premium channels, I would still have to pay extra to get EPIX?

It will cost an additional $8 a month. If you go to the account manager channel on 9910, and add programming, Epix comes up as an option. Time Warmer had a 3 month free preview when they launched Epix. It would be nice if U-verse offered something similar. 

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

@Homework_1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

... Time Warmer had a 3 month free preview when they launched Epix. It would be nice if U-verse offered something similar. 

As Beany posted, they will give a 3 day preview.  That's about typical for AT&T. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.