TheKingfish's profile

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

Monday, May 6th, 2013 2:45 AM

Efficient Channel Movement

Being a newbie, I am still in the throes of asking newbie questions.  Save for the friendly LAST button on my remote, pinpoint channel switching seems rather labor intensive.  If I have numerous designated favorites, going to menu/favorites and scrolling through them to find a selection takes time.  With a cheat sheet, distinctly punching the four (4) HD digits without error is both time consuming and requires exacting concentration.

It seems there should be a better way – like maybe a full-visual favorite-channel punchboard, or an equivalent of some kind.  Is there?

Thank you,

TheKingfish

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

TheKingfish - make friends with LASTs first cousin - ENTER (bottom right). Outdoes MENU to get to the FAVORITES guide - ENTER-Downarrow-OK

When the guide is up, the ENTER button provides calendar jump ahead; Do you know that the chan UP/down provides page up/down on guide & lists?

Channel numbers are a challenge. Try pointing in unusual directions - Off floor, ceiling, walls, even the back wall. Numbers bave different sweet spots than commands. Even different numbers have different sweet spots. Wave the remote around to find the best aim each number.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for the navigation tips; all very helpful.

TheKingfish

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@TheKingfish wrote:

Thanks for the navigation tips; all very helpful.

TheKingfish

Welcome! Don't be a stranger on the forums.  I joined the community in mid-2008 and I got U-Verse later that year and I learn something new every day.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.