baseballisback's profile
ACE - Professor

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

Monday, June 23rd, 2014 6:56 PM

ESPN unveiled a new graphics package today

I noticed that SportsCenter had a new format for their "rundown" on the left side of the screen and I also noticed a new ticker format for ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN News and ESPNU.

At the time I checked ESPN Classic, they did not have a ticker (but they did have a 16x9 SD letterbox screen.) Maybe the "sd widescreen" format and lack of ticker was due to the event being shown.

I can hear the OPWs furiously signing up to say that the old ticker is on ComWarnerDirectDishCox and that AT&T charges extra for weird voodoo they put on special feeds of channels.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Scholar

• 

195 Messages

10 years ago

looks like graphics from the yes network

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

10 years ago

I don't get YES, so I'll take your word.

They also have an entirely new SportsCenter studio that seems to be void of any desks as far as I can tell.

I just wish they'd dump the ticker during live events. At least this one seems shorter. There seems to be less "dead space" between the channel logos and the bottom of the TV. Maybe that's some of it...now that people's TVs show more image (compared to how the edges of some 4x3 TVs would cut off the perimeter) a ticker re-design made sense.

Scholar

• 

195 Messages

10 years ago

there was not ticker during a world cup game i was watching yesterday...maybe during live events they won't have it...so people can focus more on the game than the ticker

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

10 years ago

The World Cup uses an international broadcast video feed which puts graphics at the very bottom of the screen. In order for these graphics to be clearly seen, the ticker is removed.

The ticker is also removed for Wimbledon, The Masters, and NBA.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.