Need help with your equipment?
MartieBr's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, May 7th, 2013 6:57 PM

Do I need a phone line for uverse internet?

I have a regular ATT Phone ( land line) and ATT Uverse Internet.

I use wireless internet for both my laptops.

Will I be able to cancel my phone service without any issues?

Will they have to send a technician?

The modem I have has a line into the phone jack.

thanks,

MartieB

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

MartieBr You should be able to cancel your phone line & it should not impact the internet service & there should not be a tech visit.

I had the same situation with two phone lines & canceled one & was concerned. But, is was disconnected with no visit & no issues.

Enter your request via the regular phone contact. You get two separate bills. The contact number is on the phone bill.

The internet modem will continue to be fed by the phone jack.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

11 years ago

Do you have U-verse Voice or Plain Old Telephone Service (POTS)?  If U-verse Voice, your voice is just a service carried over the IP communication with your Internet and they can just turn it off by telling your RG to quit making it work.  If POTS, then they may be using one pair to carry two different signals and use splitters to divide them at your home.

You can have U-verse Internet with or without any kind of voice (POTS or U-Verse Voice).  If you have POTS, they may try to do a physical disconnect of your POTS pair.  As long as they do that correctly, it won't interfere with your U-verse Internet.  In the event that they do disconnect your Internet by accident, you can call customer support and have them come back out and fix it.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

My phone line is down and making a loud abnoxious noise 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I need help anyone around?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.