For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
jellicoe's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, August 13th, 2014 9:23 AM

Disabling Sub Account

When I disable a sub account, I see it hangs around. When will the sub account be deleted for good from the sub account list. Is there a way for force this?

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @jellicoe,

I apologize about the lack of an ability to completely delete a sub-account. If you do disable it, it will suspend the account, and after a period of time, it will be terminated. Sadly, there is no option to immediately delete the account.

-David T

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

What is that period of time when the sub account goes away?

Thanks

--
"The only reason to be evasive is when you have something to hide" -
/Richard S Jellicoe/*

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

I have been doing some research, and it appears that after 90 days in a suspended status with no activity, a primary account will be terminated. I would assume the same holds for a sub-account. If you do need the sub-account immediately terminated, let me know, and I will see what I can do to help.

-David T

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the research on this. I think the 90 days is reasonable and
should serve my purpose.

Again thanks for the help

--
/Richard S Jellicoe/*

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

@ATTU-verseCare wrote:

I have been doing some research, and it appears that after 90 days in a suspended status with no activity, a primary account will be terminated. I would assume the same holds for a sub-account. If you do need the sub-account immediately terminated, let me know, and I will see what I can do to help.

-David T

It's been a while since I had a U-Verse sub-account but when I last worked with one, it was closer to 6 or 9 months of inactivity before it was deleted.  I recall that I had found that information on the screens somewhere when I was trying to delete the sub-account way back then, but since I have no sub-accounts right now, I can't check to see if I can find it again...

Former Employee

• 

45 Messages

10 years ago

Hi there, if u wanna terminate the sub acct completely, there is an option to do so in the yahoo portal somewhere. I did that a while ago and don't remember but I'll look into it and try to find the acct termination link from yahoo portal . it terminates the acct in 1-2 days. When i did it, the acct was deleted instantly.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

While there may be a url to do this. I went into chat with tech support
and they were able to remove the disabled accounts with little effort

Richard

--
/Richard S Jellicoe/*
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.