Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Aug 13, 2014
2:23:30 AM
Disabling Sub Account

When I disable a sub account, I see it hangs around. When will the sub account be deleted for good from the sub account list. Is there a way for force this?

When I disable a sub account, I see it hangs around. When will the sub account be deleted for good from the sub account list. Is there a way for force this?

Disabling Sub Account

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 14, 2014 2:38:37 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi @jellicoe,

I apologize about the lack of an ability to completely delete a sub-account. If you do disable it, it will suspend the account, and after a period of time, it will be terminated. Sadly, there is no option to immediately delete the account.

-David T

Need more help?

Download the myAT&T App and click Fix It Now! Support Tools to get U-verse help. For more assistance, send a quick message to ATTU-verseCare. Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.

Hi @jellicoe,

I apologize about the lack of an ability to completely delete a sub-account. If you do disable it, it will suspend the account, and after a period of time, it will be terminated. Sadly, there is no option to immediately delete the account.

-David T

Need more help?

Download the myAT&T App and click Fix It Now! Support Tools to get U-verse help. For more assistance, send a quick message to ATTU-verseCare. Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Disabling Sub Account

2 of 8 (400 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 14, 2014 8:08:34 PM
(0)
Tutor
What is that period of time when the sub account goes away?

Thanks

--
"The only reason to be evasive is when you have something to hide" -
/Richard S Jellicoe/*
What is that period of time when the sub account goes away?

Thanks

--
/Richard S Jellicoe/*

3 of 8 (386 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2014 10:07:50 AM
(0)
Community Support

I have been doing some research, and it appears that after 90 days in a suspended status with no activity, a primary account will be terminated. I would assume the same holds for a sub-account. If you do need the sub-account immediately terminated, let me know, and I will see what I can do to help.

-David T

Need more help?

I have been doing some research, and it appears that after 90 days in a suspended status with no activity, a primary account will be terminated. I would assume the same holds for a sub-account. If you do need the sub-account immediately terminated, let me know, and I will see what I can do to help.

-David T

Need more help?

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 8 (372 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2014 4:27:34 PM
(0)
Tutor
Thanks for the research on this. I think the 90 days is reasonable and
should serve my purpose.

Again thanks for the help

--
/Richard S Jellicoe/*
Thanks for the research on this. I think the 90 days is reasonable and
should serve my purpose.

Again thanks for the help

--
/Richard S Jellicoe/*

5 of 8 (367 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2014 4:39:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

ATTU-verseCare wrote:

-David T

It's been a while since I had a U-Verse sub-account but when I last worked with one, it was closer to 6 or 9 months of inactivity before it was deleted.  I recall that I had found that information on the screens somewhere when I was trying to delete the sub-account way back then, but since I have no sub-accounts right now, I can't check to see if I can find it again...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

ATTU-verseCare wrote:

-David T

It's been a while since I had a U-Verse sub-account but when I last worked with one, it was closer to 6 or 9 months of inactivity before it was deleted.  I recall that I had found that information on the screens somewhere when I was trying to delete the sub-account way back then, but since I have no sub-accounts right now, I can't check to see if I can find it again...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 8 (365 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2014 5:42:37 PM
(0)
Employee
Hi there, if u wanna terminate the sub acct completely, there is an option to do so in the yahoo portal somewhere. I did that a while ago and don't remember but I'll look into it and try to find the acct termination link from yahoo portal . it terminates the acct in 1-2 days. When i did it, the acct was deleted instantly.
Hi there, if u wanna terminate the sub acct completely, there is an option to do so in the yahoo portal somewhere. I did that a while ago and don't remember but I'll look into it and try to find the acct termination link from yahoo portal . it terminates the acct in 1-2 days. When i did it, the acct was deleted instantly.

Hi there, if u wanna terminate the sub acct completely, t...

7 of 8 (356 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2014 7:56:42 PM
(0)
Tutor
While there may be a url to do this. I went into chat with tech support
and they were able to remove the disabled accounts with little effort

Richard

--
/Richard S Jellicoe/*
While there may be a url to do this. I went into chat with tech support
and they were able to remove the disabled accounts with little effort

Richard

--
/Richard S Jellicoe/*

Re: Hi there, if u wanna terminate the sub acct completely, t...

8 of 8 (317 Views)