Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Apr 27, 2012
7:12:55 AM
View profile
Control DVR online

So really like the online way to setup recordings and manage the DVR.  It seems I have no problems scheduling recordings and what not, however the other day I tried deleting some of my already recorded shows.  They disappeared from my online view, but when I went home they were still there.  I checked online again and they were still showing as recorded shows.  I tried again and it did not work.  I eventually deleted them manually via the normal way.  Am I doing something wrong?  Is this something I'm supposed to be able to do?  If it's not, why does the option exist online?  It's not a huge deal, just curious.

So really like the online way to setup recordings and manage the DVR.  It seems I have no problems scheduling recordings and what not, however the other day I tried deleting some of my already recorded shows.  They disappeared from my online view, but when I went home they were still there.  I checked online again and they were still showing as recorded shows.  I tried again and it did not work.  I eventually deleted them manually via the normal way.  Am I doing something wrong?  Is this something I'm supposed to be able to do?  If it's not, why does the option exist online?  It's not a huge deal, just curious.

Accepted Solution

Control DVR online

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 27, 2012 7:19:38 AM
(0)
Expert
There is a bug in the online DVR web management application that causes this issue if you attempt to delete more than one recording at a time.

It works if you delete a single recording, wait for the DVR to complete that task, and then go delete a 2nd recording.

AT&T is aware of this bug, but has not fixed it.
There is a bug in the online DVR web management application that causes this issue if you attempt to delete more than one recording at a time.

It works if you delete a single recording, wait for the DVR to complete that task, and then go delete a 2nd recording.

AT&T is aware of this bug, but has not fixed it.

Re: Control DVR online

2 of 4 (3,234 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2012 7:20:30 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by texasguy37 on Apr 27, 2012 at 7:22:43 AM

If you see this problem occurring with single deletions, reboot your DVR.  As SomeJoe mentioned, there is a bug in the WRA if you attempt to delete multiple programs at the same time.

If you see this problem occurring with single deletions, reboot your DVR.  As SomeJoe mentioned, there is a bug in the WRA if you attempt to delete multiple programs at the same time.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
3 of 4 (3,234 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2012 9:15:26 AM
(0)
Contributor
Thanks!
Thanks!