ralph1942's profile

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 20th, 2012 8:46 PM

Channel Guide is not user friendly.

Why show channels that are not in my package?

Hide channel should have a goto.....

Step by step form the first channel is from 1950, move into the 21 century.

What if I want to change my selection on channel 1216, by your setup it will take 15 minutes to step to it !!! Grrrr!!!

Please make this the advanced high tech system you claim it to be.

I think you know that your chief rivals already have multiple ways to change their guides.

The view of the guide crams to much in a small area. Why waist the area on the bottom of the screen. The little picture is to small to be of any use and if we want info on the show you provide an INFO button! Make the guide readable from 15 feet

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@ralph1942 wrote:

Favorites is a good choice, on Dish you can set more than 1 Favorites list and select it from the one guide button. In uverse it is a 4 step process to get the 1 favorites open, and it is harder to create the Favorites.

1. To open the Favorites Guide, press the ENTER (ZOOM) button in the lower right hand corner of the remote and select View favorite channels.

2. To add the channel being viewed to the Favorites Guide, press the ENTER (ZOOM) button in the lower right hand corner of the remote and select Add channel to favorites.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

12 years ago

@ralph1942 wrote:

Why show channels that are not in my package?

Hide channel should have a goto.....

Step by step form the first channel is from 1950, move into the 21 century.

What if I want to change my selection on channel 1216, by your setup it will take 15 minutes to step to it !!! Grrrr!!!

Please make this the advanced high tech system you claim it to be.

I think you know that your chief rivals already have multiple ways to change their guides.

The view of the guide crams to much in a small area. Why waist the area on the bottom of the screen. The little picture is to small to be of any use and if we want info on the show you provide an INFO button! Make the guide readable from 15 feet

Here's my thought on this issue:  Even if they only showed the programming for my package, I'd STILL have to go in there and delete the kiddie channels, the shopping channels, the sports channels and the religious channels.

I can't see any way that they could make it so only the channels I want to see are there.  Add to that the fact that the hubster has his OWN preferences.

Here's where it REALLY gets complicated.  When they do free preview weekends, those channels become active so if you've hidden them previously, you have to go in and un-hide them.

I cannot imagine what a perfect solution would be.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

My perfect solution is a favorites mode. Place channels in favorites as done today.
Instead of a couple oddball button pushes to get a favorites guide, there is a favorites mode on/off under options.

When in favorites mode:
Guide button shows only favorites.
Chan up/down is only favorites
Any direct entry number not a favorite goes to next favorite. (Same as unassigned channels works today).
When there is a free preview, just toggle favorites mode off & you are back to everything. After free preview turn favorites back on.
I was initially thinking the on/off toggle would be manual. But, I like the idea that it could be automatic with the preview on/off.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

12 years ago

Doesn't one of the satellite providers do a personalized favorites so each member of the household can have their own list?

Now that'd be cool.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Favorites is a good choice, on Dish you can set more than 1 Favorites list and select it from the one guide button. In uverse it is a 4 step process to get the 1 favorites open, and it is harder to create the Favorites.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

This needs serious work. We need plenty of block operations:

1. Start with only plan channels
  2. Let the user filter according to sd/hd, language, type of programming (religious, kids, etc.)
  3. And so on

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

11 years ago

As TG just posted in an adjacent post: You can remove almost any channel from the default guide list using the Hide Channel feature.

AT&T is the first provider I've had who has allowed me to remove channels that I do not subscribe to from the main guide.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.