For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
allkindsofralph's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, May 22nd, 2014 5:52 PM

Closed

Certain websites will not open

I am having an issue with content loading very slowly (websites like facebook and instagram) or not loading at all giving me a "failed to open page" message on other websites (facebook and macrumors). I am getting very weird results.

Speed tests show full speed of the modem being detected. I have reset the modem to factory settings without any success at resolving the issue. I first thought it was my router, but I hardwired my computer directly to the modem (NVG589) and issue still persists.

Yesterday morning after a factory reset of the settings, facebook.com loaded fine but a bit slow. Yesterday evening  could not load facebook.com at all, it seemed like it was trying to connect but would not. From my iPhone I am able to use the facebook app but photos load slowly, similar affect on instagram. I still have no success connecting to macrumors.com on either computer nor iPhone. I haven't found other sites that do it, but that is what I have noticed so far.

Please help with any ideas

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Many websites and companies that host websites (webmasters) have internal rules and firewalls that block many things, amongst which are attempts from IP addresses labeled as "Private IPs" from accessing the website. Some Websites are still currently blocking internet connections originating from addresses starting with "99" and "172" for this reason.

please send me a private message I will help you in getting more details on the issue

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hi...I just spent hours with a reliable tech support team trying to open a website for my dr.'s office.

askdrpatrick.com

However, I am always redirected to askdrpatrick.dom/defaultsite   which is an error.  According to the tech support team, it is a issue with AT&T and they will change my settings so I can open it.  I guess and ISP problem...???  Can you help?

Norine ***

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.