For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
rdlouhy's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Tuesday, September 13th, 2011 9:09 PM

Can't record 4 shows at once.

Sometimes I can't even record 1 show. We have 4 tvs 1 is hd and last night we had 3 tvs on and got the message that we had to interupt a tv or stop a recording. Why does att say you can record 4 shows at once?

Guru

• 

1.1K Messages

13 years ago

Everybody's U-Verse DVR works the same.  It's based on how many SD and HD streams are available to you and that's based on your distance from the Vrad and signal strength.  Go into Menu - Options - System Options - System information - System resources and from there you can see your SD and HD streams.

• 

25.7K Messages

13 years ago

@1001simon wrote:

Is there any plan to increase the capacity on the HD "streams" on my TV? I shouldn't have to limit my TV watching this much. What does the evolution path show for fixing this in the near future?

What are you meaning by limiting your tv watching?  We have three boxes (2 set tops, and 1 dvr) in our house.  One tv is a SD, so pretty much all programming watched on that set is non-HD, two tv's are HD, so pretty much everything on both are HD, with probably 2% SD programming on the one in the Living room, due to military channel, and non-hd premium channels.

Since we have watched everything we had recorded on our DVr, right now it is empty, with nothing planned until tomorrow to record, and something the next after that.  Both will be deleted after watching.  Probably when we are recording the one program tomorrow night, I will probably be watching either Netflix, or something on one of the many channels of nothing.  Could be SD, or it could be HD.

In the famous words of Ren & Stimpy:  "Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know,"

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

13 years ago

streams 2sd/2hd[wan] 2sd/2hd[ingress]

egress profile 20000000,0sd/3hd

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

13 years ago

streams 2sd/2hd[wan] 2sd/2hd[ingress]

egress profile 20000000,0sd/3hd

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

Thanks for posting your info!

Here is what you can do:

WAN Profile (Streams into the RG):  Watch 4 different live TV channels at the same time.  Up to 2 of the channels can be HD channels.

Ingress Profile (Streams into the DVR):  Record 4 programs at the same time.  Up to 2 of those programs can be HD programs.

Egress Profile (Streams out of the DVR):  Watch 3 recorded programs at the same time on TV's connected to the non-DVR STB's.  All 3 programs can be in HD.  You can also watch a 4th program on the the TV connected to the DVR.

Also, please remember that with U-verse you are restricted to 4 live streams to watch and/or record live TV at the same tme.  If 2 or more TV's are tuned to the same channel, that counts as the use of a single stream.  Your combination of HD and SD live and recorded streams in use at the same time is subject to the restrictions discussed above.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

13 years ago

Well I'm not a geek so I'm still a little lost. Can I make some changes myself or do I have to call att?

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

When you say "changes" what are you looking for?

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

13 years ago

How can I record more than one show at a time.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

@rdlouhy wrote:

How can I record more than one show at a time.

You can record more than one program at the same time.  You can record up to 4.

As I mentioned in my earlier message, you are limited to 4 live streams in use at the same time for a combination of watching live TV or recording programs.  If some TV's are in use watching live channels, that reduces the number of live streams available to record programming.  You can be further restricted based on the combination of HD vs. SD channels being used.

It appears that you are on the 19/2 line profile which only allows 2 of your 4 streams to be HD. Can you download and install SomeJoe's tool at the link below?

http://www.uverserealtime.com/

Once you install the tool, please post screenshots of the following tabs: IP/ProfileError Table, Bitloading, & Coax/HPNA.

We can take a look at the screenshots to see if you may possibly be able to upgrade to a profile that would increase the number of your 4 streams that are in HD.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Hope you can help I have 3SD/1HD and can only record one HD show at a time. I tried to record glee and Greys both at 8 pm on HD CHANNEL and it says I can't. All TV in my home are HD so I am completely lost. One tv is pretty much never used or on but several times I have been watching an HD show in one room and my kids weren't able to watch and HD show in others. I'm lost 😞
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.