Need help with your equipment?
dukes909's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Tuesday, June 3rd, 2014 7:46 PM

Can I assign 2 external IP addresses to one device in Uverse?

I have Uverse with 3600HGV router and Cisco ASA 5510 with 3 interfaces: Outside, Inside, and DMZ.  Inside the DMZ I have a webserver.  HTTP requests from outside get forwarded to this webserver in the DMZ.  I want to add another webserver in the DMZ.  Since I have a block of IP addresses from AT&T, I would like to use one of those addresses to forward to this new webserver in the DMZ.  What I have been told from Cisco is:

"your ISP should redirect Internet requests for 1.2.3.70 and 1.2.3.71 to the ASA (Though that might be the case already, since the mask you’re using for that outside interface includes .69 to .74. All incoming traffic will enter the ASA on Ethernet0/0 outside interface.  (currently set to 1.2.3.71). The feature of the ASA called “proxy-arp” is what makes this work. When your ISP sends and ARP request for 99.72.249.170, the ASA will respond in behalf of the server, since we have a static translation for it."

Is what I am trying do possible, and if so, how do I do so?

Thank you!

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

10 years ago

The only possible way to get this to work is to set up the Cascaded Router functionality.

See the following thread for one person who did get it working:

https://forums.att.com/t5/Residential-Gateway/Setup-Static-IP-s-Router-behind-RG-5031NV/td-p/3693517

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.