Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 23, 2011
9:33:48 AM
View profile
Caller ID shows "Unavailable 1"

Recently. I've been getting calls that register on the caller ID as "Unavailable", and the phone number shown is just "1". Is there a way to block these calls?

Recently. I've been getting calls that register on the caller ID as "Unavailable", and the phone number shown is just "1". Is there a way to block these calls?

Caller ID shows "Unavailable 1"

158 replies
(18) Me too
(18) Me too
View all replies
(158)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 24, 2014 12:23:52 PM
(0)
Tutor

They're doing it for me - thanks for posting that info. I was going to call them anyway & demand they find a way of blocking this "unavailable 1" - there's no reason why they shouldnt be able to.

They're doing it for me - thanks for posting that info. I was going to call them anyway & demand they find a way of blocking this "unavailable 1" - there's no reason why they shouldnt be able to.

Re: Caller ID shows "Unavailable 1"

91 of 159 (2,849 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2014 6:24:10 AM
(0)
Tutor

AT & T can fix this problem, but they won't.  They would rather put their resources into advertising on television telling us that they are our friends and that they are technical wizards.  AT & T is run by people who fail to tell the truth.  They have failed to tell me the truth many times and have nothing to be proud of.

AT & T can fix this problem, but they won't.  They would rather put their resources into advertising on television telling us that they are our friends and that they are technical wizards.  AT & T is run by people who fail to tell the truth.  They have failed to tell me the truth many times and have nothing to be proud of.

92 of 159 (2,816 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2014 6:47:06 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

How would you suggest they fix it?

How would you suggest they fix it?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

93 of 159 (2,812 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2014 6:18:55 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by japplen on Apr 29, 2014 at 6:31:54 AM

Hey JFW:

AT & T's Anonymous call blocking does not work for this number.  You are wrong. 

Hey JFW:

AT & T's Anonymous call blocking does not work for this number.  You are wrong. 

[ Edited ]
94 of 159 (2,795 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2014 6:23:04 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by japplen on Apr 29, 2014 at 6:30:14 AM

Hey JefferMC:

You can't block this caller only identified as "1".  ATT caller block feature will only accept a 10 digit number, not "1" or "Unavailable 1".  

Thus, AT & T should configure its caller block features to allow for this.

This is simple.  

Hey JefferMC:

You can't block this caller only identified as "1".  ATT caller block feature will only accept a 10 digit number, not "1" or "Unavailable 1".  

Thus, AT & T should configure its caller block features to allow for this.

This is simple.  

[ Edited ]
95 of 159 (2,792 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2014 12:36:28 PM
(0)
Contributor

Wow... thanks for the info.  This is the first time I have ever seen someone who actually understands this issue.

Wow... thanks for the info.  This is the first time I have ever seen someone who actually understands this issue.

96 of 159 (2,580 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 24, 2014 6:06:51 PM
(0)
Tutor

This does not work. We have been getting calls from Unavailable at 8 minute intervals. There is no one on the other end, not even the fax machine sound. Unplugging the phone.

This does not work. We have been getting calls from Unavailable at 8 minute intervals. There is no one on the other end, not even the fax machine sound. Unplugging the phone.

97 of 159 (2,444 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 13, 2014 6:41:30 PM
(0)
Tutor

I have had these people have been calling now for over a year.  Today was the final straw. The dude on the line was laughing so hard and thought I ws joking when I asked him to not call any more, he simply said "...I will try back later..."  AND he did.  CALL AFTER CALL.   I will be dumping ATT and moving over to Google VOIP.  I did NOT want to do this, but I feel as if I have no choice.  For 40.00 a month just for my phone services with ATT,  I should have more options to block a call that simply comes up UNAVAILABLE 1.  Google VOIP is free.  I will take the cons with Google phone before I will have one more call come through that disrupts my home.  Enough is enough.  

I have had these people have been calling now for over a year.  Today was the final straw. The dude on the line was laughing so hard and thought I ws joking when I asked him to not call any more, he simply said "...I will try back later..."  AND he did.  CALL AFTER CALL.   I will be dumping ATT and moving over to Google VOIP.  I did NOT want to do this, but I feel as if I have no choice.  For 40.00 a month just for my phone services with ATT,  I should have more options to block a call that simply comes up UNAVAILABLE 1.  Google VOIP is free.  I will take the cons with Google phone before I will have one more call come through that disrupts my home.  Enough is enough.  

98 of 159 (2,242 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 12, 2014 5:47:31 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks, after speaking with four ATT reps, mission accomplished.

Thanks, after speaking with four ATT reps, mission accomplished.

99 of 159 (2,120 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 12, 2014 5:56:00 PM
(0)
Contributor

Based on the recommendation of BRD65 (Apr 17, 2014 9:16:53 AM),

I called tech support from the website phone number and gave my spiel:

(memorize this phase like a broken record):
"Please submit a TECH SUPPORT TICKET to block "Unavailable 1" from ringing my phone."

So the tech guy says nothing can be done.

Next I tried the chat lady.

She said I needed to call the residential repair service at 800-246-8464.

I couldn't convince her it wasn't a repair issue

or get her to submit a ticket, so what the heck, I called the number.

I told my tale of woe to the repair lady and once again:

"Please submit a TECH SUPPORT TICKET to block "Unavailable 1" from ringing my phone."

She put me on hold, and then a tech guy came on the phone.

Once again:

He said, "I am tech support, and I'll do that for you." He put me on hold for a few minutes, and then came back and said, "It's done, it won't happen again."

So now I will see if it's true . . .

But I was amazed to finally get to someone

who seemed to know what I was talking about

AND said he could fix it.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Based on the recommendation of BRD65 (Apr 17, 2014 9:16:53 AM),

I called tech support from the website phone number and gave my spiel:

(memorize this phase like a broken record):

So the tech guy says nothing can be done.

Next I tried the chat lady.

She said I needed to call the residential repair service at 800-246-8464.

I couldn't convince her it wasn't a repair issue

or get her to submit a ticket, so what the heck, I called the number.

I told my tale of woe to the repair lady and once again:

She put me on hold, and then a tech guy came on the phone.

Once again:

He said, "I am tech support, and I'll do that for you." He put me on hold for a few minutes, and then came back and said, "It's done, it won't happen again."

So now I will see if it's true . . .

But I was amazed to finally get to someone

who seemed to know what I was talking about

AND said he could fix it.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

100 of 159 (2,120 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2014 2:16:34 PM
(1)
Contributor

good news,  no "Unavailable 1" calls

and http://www.nomorobo.com/

blocks the regular robo calls after 1-ring on the phone.

good news,  no "Unavailable 1" calls

and http://www.nomorobo.com/

blocks the regular robo calls after 1-ring on the phone.

101 of 159 (2,080 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2014 4:46:13 PM
(0)
Mentor

jfw wrote:

If you have Uverse Voice, you can do the following.

Anonymous Call Blocking provides the message, "The number you dialed will not accept your call", to those callers who have their Caller ID information marked as private, restricted, anonymous, unavailable, or blocked. This feature is included with your service at no extra charge.

Your phone does not ring and the caller is unable to leave a voice mail message. You can access Anonymous Call Blocking using your online account manager or using your phone. Just press *77# on your phone to activate Anonymous Call Blocking and *87# to turn off.

Note: Unsolicited toll free calls can be stopped by registering them with the National Do Not Call Register. This can be done be done online by going to the National Do Not Call Registry at https://www.donotcall.gov/.  It can take up to 31 days for the number to be removed from all calling lists and an entry must be made for each telephone number that you wish to stop.

This ONLY works if the number is not listed. But, if the number is merely the number "1" it can't be blocked. Furthermore, many of the calls these days are listed as "Out of Area" regardless of whether they are calling from inside or outside the receiving party's area code. And, to make things worse, everybody who has ever registered their phone number(s) with the National Do Not Call Registry knows what a complete and utter waste of time that is; they do absolutely nothing to stop these people! I registered my phone number as soon as the law had been passed years ago. But, I have continued to receive calls from more than just charities, which are allowed to continue making unsolicited calls. And, it's only gotten worse since I switched from an AT&T landline to Uverse phone service. I am seriously considering doing like lots of other people and cancelling my phone service and switching entirely to wireless.

jfw wrote:

If you have Uverse Voice, you can do the following.

Anonymous Call Blocking provides the message, "The number you dialed will not accept your call", to those callers who have their Caller ID information marked as private, restricted, anonymous, unavailable, or blocked. This feature is included with your service at no extra charge.

Your phone does not ring and the caller is unable to leave a voice mail message. You can access Anonymous Call Blocking using your online account manager or using your phone. Just press *77# on your phone to activate Anonymous Call Blocking and *87# to turn off.

Note: Unsolicited toll free calls can be stopped by registering them with the National Do Not Call Register. This can be done be done online by going to the National Do Not Call Registry at https://www.donotcall.gov/.  It can take up to 31 days for the number to be removed from all calling lists and an entry must be made for each telephone number that you wish to stop.

This ONLY works if the number is not listed. But, if the number is merely the number "1" it can't be blocked. Furthermore, many of the calls these days are listed as "Out of Area" regardless of whether they are calling from inside or outside the receiving party's area code. And, to make things worse, everybody who has ever registered their phone number(s) with the National Do Not Call Registry knows what a complete and utter waste of time that is; they do absolutely nothing to stop these people! I registered my phone number as soon as the law had been passed years ago. But, I have continued to receive calls from more than just charities, which are allowed to continue making unsolicited calls. And, it's only gotten worse since I switched from an AT&T landline to Uverse phone service. I am seriously considering doing like lots of other people and cancelling my phone service and switching entirely to wireless.

102 of 159 (2,058 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2014 5:21:33 PM
(0)
Tutor
Unfortunately, when I spoke with the Uverse team (for the 4th time) I was told that there is no feature that will allow blocking on Anonymous 1 calls. It must be a digital number with more than 6 digits. I tried so many times to get the calls I had used ATT calling previously, with "Privacy manager", never having a problem with so many junk calls. However, Uverse did guide me to the nomorobo.com . Once installed per the website instructions, my junk calls are almost nonexistent. It does take a few times with the calls to get it set up to automatically reject the calls. Sometimes I do end up with a ring, once, and that's fine. The horrible and deceiving callers have pretty much stopped.
Unfortunately, when I spoke with the Uverse team (for the 4th time) I was told that there is no feature that will allow blocking on Anonymous 1 calls. It must be a digital number with more than 6 digits. I tried so many times to get the calls I had used ATT calling previously, with "Privacy manager", never having a problem with so many junk calls. However, Uverse did guide me to the nomorobo.com . Once installed per the website instructions, my junk calls are almost nonexistent. It does take a few times with the calls to get it set up to automatically reject the calls. Sometimes I do end up with a ring, once, and that's fine. The horrible and deceiving callers have pretty much stopped.

103 of 159 (2,055 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2014 8:30:41 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Taylarie on Sep 22, 2014 at 8:49:00 AM

I had an AT & T rep actually tell me that he didn't mind that all of these calls from "Unavailable 1" come in to his own phone.  This man is craven and has probably been told by management that this is what he needs to say to keep his job.  This just shows you what a cynical company AT & T is as they have their employees say ridiculous things like this.  If AT & T wanted to fix this, they could.  They spend all of this money on advertising, but don't put a few techs to work to solve this problem.  This issue should be on "60 Minutes" or "Frontline."  [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].  These pithy little descriptions about why the technology cannot be put in place to solve this problem by the AT & T sycophants (Teacher? Professor?) make no sense. 

I had an AT & T rep actually tell me that he didn't mind that all of these calls from "Unavailable 1" come in to his own phone.  This man is craven and has probably been told by management that this is what he needs to say to keep his job.  This just shows you what a cynical company AT & T is as they have their employees say ridiculous things like this.  If AT & T wanted to fix this, they could.  They spend all of this money on advertising, but don't put a few techs to work to solve this problem.  This issue should be on "60 Minutes" or "Frontline."  [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].  These pithy little descriptions about why the technology cannot be put in place to solve this problem by the AT & T sycophants (Teacher? Professor?) make no sense. 

[ Edited ]
104 of 159 (2,050 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2014 9:30:20 AM
(0)
Tutor

I just saw that "Per Guidelines: Keep it Relevant and Appropriate" pop up on the last message I put online. There is nothing wrong with my suggesting that this issue be addressed on "60 Minutes" of "Frontline" as this is the kind of venue that we need to have AT & T called out on. People have been complaining about this for years and the solutions offered in this forum do not work because AT & T does not address it. As I said earlier, they have their employees tell us that they don't mind when calls like this come in on their own home phone lines. I am angry with this response, but also feel saddened that these reps feel the need to say things like this to keep their jobs. The posting I made on Sept 22, 2014 is Relevant and Appropriate. AT & T's handling of this situation is unacceptable.

I just saw that "Per Guidelines: Keep it Relevant and Appropriate" pop up on the last message I put online. There is nothing wrong with my suggesting that this issue be addressed on "60 Minutes" of "Frontline" as this is the kind of venue that we need to have AT & T called out on. People have been complaining about this for years and the solutions offered in this forum do not work because AT & T does not address it. As I said earlier, they have their employees tell us that they don't mind when calls like this come in on their own home phone lines. I am angry with this response, but also feel saddened that these reps feel the need to say things like this to keep their jobs. The posting I made on Sept 22, 2014 is Relevant and Appropriate. AT & T's handling of this situation is unacceptable.

105 of 159 (2,041 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2014 6:47:59 PM
(0)
Tutor

Seriously, try anything. No matter how crazy. I'm adding 000-000-0000 to my blocked list.

We'll see.

Seriously, try anything. No matter how crazy. I'm adding 000-000-0000 to my blocked list.

We'll see.

106 of 159 (1,987 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2014 6:53:38 PM
(0)
Tutor

Sigh. Does not work.

Sigh. Does not work.

107 of 159 (1,984 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2014 6:59:42 PM
(0)
Tutor

Now I'm trying international call blocking.

Now I'm trying international call blocking.

108 of 159 (1,983 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2014 4:42:42 PM
(0)
Mentor

Although I haven't been bothered by this/these individuals as much recently, I did get another call like this today. However, my caller ID is showing "Out of Area" and the number 1. If it said "Anonymous" it wouldn't get through because I do have the Anonymous Call Blocking set up.

Last week I spoke with someone at AT&T about this and was told that nothing can be done about it since they are spoofing their number with only one character, the number 1. I told her that while I didn't believe it would work, I entered my area code followed by 6 zeroes and last the number as the number 1,e.g., xxx-000-0001. As noted above, it apparently didn't work since I got another call today. I just don't answer them, (but I'd like to stick the xs#@ phone down their throat)!

Although I haven't been bothered by this/these individuals as much recently, I did get another call like this today. However, my caller ID is showing "Out of Area" and the number 1. If it said "Anonymous" it wouldn't get through because I do have the Anonymous Call Blocking set up.

Last week I spoke with someone at AT&T about this and was told that nothing can be done about it since they are spoofing their number with only one character, the number 1. I told her that while I didn't believe it would work, I entered my area code followed by 6 zeroes and last the number as the number 1,e.g., xxx-000-0001. As noted above, it apparently didn't work since I got another call today. I just don't answer them, (but I'd like to stick the xs#@ phone down their throat)!

109 of 159 (1,964 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2014 4:59:33 PM
(0)
Tutor
I would definitely give norobocall.com a try.  I have had success with the em.  Howver, I am finding that I still get the calls, but they're mutes and don't go through.  Looking at Google phone now.  It's free and will block those calls....for free.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
I would definitely give norobocall.com a try.  I have had success with the em.  Howver, I am finding that I still get the calls, but they're mutes and don't go through.  Looking at Google phone now.  It's free and will block those calls....for free.

110 of 159 (1,962 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2014 5:06:50 PM
(1)
Mentor

This is more a function/fault of VOiP phone service. With landline service, which I just gave up 5 mos. ago for the cheaper VOiP U-verse service, I never had a problem like this. However, I have also been harrassed by several others who also spoof their phone numbers, e.g., using my own area code, using my exact home phone number, and numbers a few digits off, as well as many other numbers.

I make use of the call blocking and see from my online list of calls, (not all of which get through), it seems to be working, but on a limited basis. However, just like with the landline, what these harrassing sob's do is spoof another number inorder to get around the call blocking. It's a game with them. But, while it's annoying to me, I have the time to play this game too; and it's costing them money--NOT ME! And as for registering with the National Do Not Call registry; well that's nothing more than a National Do Not Bother Wasting Your Time registry. I have registered all my phones with them but the calls continue. However, it is interesting to note that I got an email back from the National Do Not Call registry telling me that I have registered too many times, (I keep doing it because they keep doing nothing to stop it), and I am no longer able to register any more!

This is more a function/fault of VOiP phone service. With landline service, which I just gave up 5 mos. ago for the cheaper VOiP U-verse service, I never had a problem like this. However, I have also been harrassed by several others who also spoof their phone numbers, e.g., using my own area code, using my exact home phone number, and numbers a few digits off, as well as many other numbers.

I make use of the call blocking and see from my online list of calls, (not all of which get through), it seems to be working, but on a limited basis. However, just like with the landline, what these harrassing sob's do is spoof another number inorder to get around the call blocking. It's a game with them. But, while it's annoying to me, I have the time to play this game too; and it's costing them money--NOT ME! And as for registering with the National Do Not Call registry; well that's nothing more than a National Do Not Bother Wasting Your Time registry. I have registered all my phones with them but the calls continue. However, it is interesting to note that I got an email back from the National Do Not Call registry telling me that I have registered too many times, (I keep doing it because they keep doing nothing to stop it), and I am no longer able to register any more!

111 of 159 (1,964 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2014 7:40:32 PM
(0)
Tutor

I get a lot of these too; so far no one who's 1 left me a reply.   lol

I have my ringer volumn so low that I cannot even hear calls; if folk leave me a voice mail, if I so choose, I'll call back.    The so called no calls list just tells others that you exist, so I don't sign up on that too.  This strategy's worked for me over a decade.   It's how I handle my junk email too; ignore it.    Smiley Happy

I get a lot of these too; so far no one who's 1 left me a reply.   lol

I have my ringer volumn so low that I cannot even hear calls; if folk leave me a voice mail, if I so choose, I'll call back.    The so called no calls list just tells others that you exist, so I don't sign up on that too.  This strategy's worked for me over a decade.   It's how I handle my junk email too; ignore it.    Smiley Happy

112 of 159 (1,915 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2014 8:11:09 PM
(0)
Contributor

It shouldn't be allowed. Anything less than a complete valid number should be rejected. Also call blocking based on name should be possible. TOLL FREE CALLE, CONSUMER SVCS, LIFE ALERT, Unavailable, should all be blockable, and I should be able to do it from the phone at the time they call. 20 numbers is not enough. Even 40 isn't enough. (I set up Exclusive Call Forwarding to forward another 20 numbers to one of the nuisance call numbers) It needs to be unlimited.

It shouldn't be allowed. Anything less than a complete valid number should be rejected. Also call blocking based on name should be possible. TOLL FREE CALLE, CONSUMER SVCS, LIFE ALERT, Unavailable, should all be blockable, and I should be able to do it from the phone at the time they call. 20 numbers is not enough. Even 40 isn't enough. (I set up Exclusive Call Forwarding to forward another 20 numbers to one of the nuisance call numbers) It needs to be unlimited.

113 of 159 (1,898 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2014 10:03:23 PM
(0)
Employee
Edited by ji785s on Oct 10, 2014 at 10:03:49 PM

lionofct wrote:

This can be blocked by AT&T, it is quite easy to be honest its litterally a ticket made to a department and then its added to the blocked call list that is on the att.com website. You can ask tech support to contact the department UARC and report the problem. (I Submit several of these a day)

lionofct wrote:

This can be blocked by AT&T, it is quite easy to be honest its litterally a ticket made to a department and then its added to the blocked call list that is on the att.com website. You can ask tech support to contact the department UARC and report the problem. (I Submit several of these a day)

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
114 of 159 (1,872 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2014 7:51:28 AM
(0)
Tutor

that national "do not call " list is like telling a 3 yr old to "stop it" and "behave"

that national "do not call " list is like telling a 3 yr old to "stop it" and "behave"

115 of 159 (1,812 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2014 7:52:40 AM
(0)
Tutor

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamen

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamen

116 of 159 (1,811 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2014 7:54:50 AM
(0)
Tutor

A "nic" is short for Network Interfae Card.  Its a doodad inside your computer to communicate using a network

A "nic" is short for Network Interfae Card.  Its a doodad inside your computer to communicate using a network

117 of 159 (1,812 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2014 8:39:26 AM
(0)
Mentor

What department, or is it called "UARC"? I spoke to someone at AT&T earlier who told me that nothing can be done about these types of numbers being entered. So, if they can I would certainly like to know how and who to contact. I had another one of these yesterday. I have been getting so many phone calls yielding phoney caller ID's, partial numbers, "Not Available", etc., ever since I switched from VOiP service that I am considering doing away with my phone service all together and simply use my cell phone. Between cell service and home phone service, (either landline or VOiP), they are both way too expensive and I don't need it all! But, I sure would like to know who to complain to about this.

What department, or is it called "UARC"? I spoke to someone at AT&T earlier who told me that nothing can be done about these types of numbers being entered. So, if they can I would certainly like to know how and who to contact. I had another one of these yesterday. I have been getting so many phone calls yielding phoney caller ID's, partial numbers, "Not Available", etc., ever since I switched from VOiP service that I am considering doing away with my phone service all together and simply use my cell phone. Between cell service and home phone service, (either landline or VOiP), they are both way too expensive and I don't need it all! But, I sure would like to know who to complain to about this.

118 of 159 (1,801 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2014 12:14:27 PM
(0)
Tutor
We actually canceled and went with Google phone. Initial investment was 40.00 for the OBI box to connect phone line to your PC.  Until AT&T addresses the horrendous amounts of junk calls, we will not go back.  They can/need  offer better blocking management and I'm sure if they spent some time and energy on it, it would get done.

We actually canceled and went with Google phone. Initial investment was 40.00 for the OBI box to connect phone line to your PC.  Until AT&T addresses the horrendous amounts of junk calls, we will not go back.  They can/need  offer better blocking management and I'm sure if they spent some time and energy on it, it would get done.

119 of 159 (1,795 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2014 1:29:09 PM
(0)
Mentor

You cannot stop the "1" it is used by telemarketers by "spoofing". Spoofing is a perfectly legal way for them to provide your caller-ID with a fraudulent number. You may even receive a call that shows up on your caller ID as your own number, I did and if you hit redial you will get your own callnotes ! The "do not call list" is yet another government failure, people just ignore it anymore.  The ONLY thing you can do is: IF YOU DONT KNOW WHO IT IS , DONT ANSWER.

Good luck, the absolute worst offender IMO is SirusXM,

You cannot stop the "1" it is used by telemarketers by "spoofing". Spoofing is a perfectly legal way for them to provide your caller-ID with a fraudulent number. You may even receive a call that shows up on your caller ID as your own number, I did and if you hit redial you will get your own callnotes ! The "do not call list" is yet another government failure, people just ignore it anymore.  The ONLY thing you can do is: IF YOU DONT KNOW WHO IT IS , DONT ANSWER.

Good luck, the absolute worst offender IMO is SirusXM,

120 of 159 (1,791 Views)