mwhittington's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Thursday, August 11th, 2011 6:03 PM

Called ID Blocking

what is the key code to block my outgoing caller id for a call at a time? in uverse manage features it won't allow me to save the setting.  i would just like to do it on certain calls.  i tried the old way *67 but it gives me fast busy signal rather than dial tone

thanks

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

13 years ago

thank you but still get fast busy signal when i do *67#

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

See my edit above.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

13 years ago

worked - thank you very much!

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

13 years ago

the blocking id  part worked - but then it continued to do it on multiple calls?  how do i get it off

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

From the link above:

Yes, you can block other people from seeing your phone number. Caller ID Blocking allows you to block your phone number when you are making a call. The person you are calling will not see your information on their Caller ID display.

You can permanently enable Caller ID Blocking from your online account manager. If you decide that you want the information to be shown for just one call while you have Caller ID Blocking permanently enabled, you can press*82, enter the number you want to dial, and then press # to initiate call. This feature is included with your service at no extra charge.

Just access your online account manager to turn off Caller ID Blocking. You can also enable Caller ID Blocking for just one call by pressing *67 before placing the cal, then pressing # to initiate call and once you hang up, Caller ID will be re-enabled so the next call you make will be able see your information.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

At some point my landline began showing unavailable. This is causing grief sine people do not answer my calls. How do I disable this so my number will show on outgoing calls???????
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.