For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
AeroRider's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, May 11th, 2013 5:54 AM

Cable to Ethernet Hub used with Uverse?

I hope someone can help with this issue.  I have a house that is connected with Uverse both through Ethernet and coax, depending on the room, and a wireless router that is supposed to cover the whole house (but doesn't do so all the time - especially the living room).  I have an XBox in the living room that uses the wifi, but the signal often drops, and streaming video is often impossible.  There is coax line (used by a Uverse box) that uses the coax right next to the XBox.

I'm trying to find out whether there is something that I can use to convert the coax to Ethernet, for use by both the Uverse box, and the Xbox? 

I have looked for coax to Ethernet hubs online, but have found nothing other than Internet-to-TV boxes.  Are there any suggestions of how to solve this issue?  Thanks, in advance.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

AeroRider - The U-verse box (aka STB) that is already connected COAX has a network jack on the back. Many people use that network jack to connect another device such as an x-box or computer or Roku or blue ray or smart TV.

If that box happens to b the DVR, first swap it with a different STB.

This connection is not officially supported by att.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Aviewer - First - thank you for your answer.  Sorry about the long delay in MY answer, but I had a lot of honey-do's that took priority.  

I did what you suggested and it worked great!  In the process I did end up moving my gateway and managed to actually improve my wireless coverage and strength as well.  I'm now running at HD speeds and everything is copacetic.  Thanks again for the suggestion, and your very quick response!  

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

AeroRider - Glad to hear you have a good setup. Thanks for taking the time to let me know.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I NEED SOME SERIOUS HELP.. okay can somebody tell me please why would the Wi-Fi service constantly be messing up my son plays Xbox all day and I am constantly being asked if we are on the Wi-Fi service and if we are he asks if we can shut it off because it messes up his game he says that it's because of the ethernet cord is that the reason it's really slow even though he changed the plan from access what I was paying $10 a month to the highest Wi-Fi connection to now he's paying $70 a month so somebody please help me understand this cuz it's driving me nuts thank you

Fortnite mom

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.