Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 24, 2014
6:00:15 PM
View profile
Browsing recorderings

Hi,

I have over 300 recorders on my DVR.

Each time when I want to retrive an old record, it takes me a lot of time browsing.

How could I get my favorite recording faster?

Is there a "Search" option for recordings?

Thanks

Hi,

I have over 300 recorders on my DVR.

Each time when I want to retrive an old record, it takes me a lot of time browsing.

How could I get my favorite recording faster?

Is there a "Search" option for recordings?

Thanks

Browsing recorderings

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2014 1:54:12 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

@george_ionita - The only help I see for you is on the ipad and probably other tablet apps.

The ipad has a list of your recordings that you can sort by date or alphabetically. Scrolling the list is fast & easy. Maybe faster than a search. Certainly easier than on TV. When you select a show you can trigger the play on a TV from the ipad. 

You do know that if your DVR fails all those recordings are gone? The DVR is intended as short term storage for time shift playing. If you want to build a library, you should play the shows into another storage such as a computer & you should back up that storage.

@george_ionita - The only help I see for you is on the ipad and probably other tablet apps.

The ipad has a list of your recordings that you can sort by date or alphabetically. Scrolling the list is fast & easy. Maybe faster than a search. Certainly easier than on TV. When you select a show you can trigger the play on a TV from the ipad. 

You do know that if your DVR fails all those recordings are gone? The DVR is intended as short term storage for time shift playing. If you want to build a library, you should play the shows into another storage such as a computer & you should back up that storage.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Browsing recorderings

2 of 2 (63 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments