For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
CostaMesaCAGuy's profile

Scholar

• 

223 Messages

Wednesday, January 4th, 2012 9:52 PM

Closed

Blackouts on regional FSN games.

If this topic was brought up before, my apologies, please don't be mad at me.  Smiley Happy

I don't understand why U-verse (or any cable provider for that matter) would want to carry out-of-town regional FSN channels at all if they keep blacking out the games.  I noticed that just recently U-verse started carrying Fox Sports Arizona and as an ex-Phoenix resident now living in Orange County, California, I would want to watch Coyotes and Diamondbacks games but can't because U-verse blacks out out-of-town regional games.  Does U-verse have a service in which I could pay extra to receive such games?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

The blackout of the professional games in territories outside of a team's market on the RSN's is done by the leagues not by U-verse or any other TV provider.  The only way to view these out of market games would be to purchase the out of market packages (i.e. MLB Extra Innings, NBA League Pass, NHL Center Ice, etc) when available on the TV provider.

The real value of the out of market RSN's is to view college sports which are usually not subject to blackouts.

Guru

• 

650 Messages

12 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

The blackout of the professional games in territories outside of a team's market on the RSN's is done by the leagues not by U-verse or any other TV provider.  The only way to view these out of market games would be to purchase the out of market packages (i.e. MLB Extra Innings, NBA League Pass, NHL Center Ice, etc) when available on the TV provider.

The real value of the out of market RSN's is to view college sports which are usually not subject to blackouts.

..... YET.

And with the way the sports world has evolved, with the millions ESPN likes to flash around, it's not too hard to see the writing on the wall.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

That's all well and good, but since AT&T refuses to cary NHL Center Ice or the NHL Network, hockey fans are out of luck.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@chantel66 wrote:

That's all well and good, but since AT&T refuses to cary NHL Center Ice or the NHL Network, hockey fans are out of luck.

You are replying to a thread that was last used over two years ago. What does your comment have to do with the original subject matter of this thread? You have an agenda. We understand that.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Former Moderator

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic.

This subject has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.