Need help with your equipment?
BandHog's profile

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

Sunday, July 31st, 2011 7:12 PM

Bandwith Limit meter?

Where can I view to see how much bandwith I have used? I know we get 250 gig but I also do backups and work in the music business where I download large music files to master recordings. I just cant find where I can see how much I have used?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

1.1K Messages

13 years ago

Meter and limits are not in place yet.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

13 years ago

thanks Jim. I have serveral large projects to Master still so this is very good atm.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

any idea of when they will put the limits in place?

and, oh, as they said that they'd be putting in the cap starting 1 May, doesn't anyone else think that it would have been a good idea for them to have thought things through and actually have everything ready months ago?

Guru

• 

1.1K Messages

13 years ago

I think it's good they announced the limits in advance so people considering switching to U-Verse would know.  On the other hand, they probably didn't anticipate it would take this long.

Employee

• 

3.9K Messages

13 years ago

They put the caps on the DSL customers but have not gotten reliable numbers for Uverse internet. So Uverse is cap free so far.

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

13 years ago

Dumb question: How can they tell the difference between U-verse TV bandwidth, and U-verse Internet bandwidth?

Guru

• 

1.1K Messages

13 years ago

I don't know, but they can.  It's not something you need to worry about.

Employee

• 

3.9K Messages

13 years ago

@jswilson64 wrote:

Dumb question: How can they tell the difference between U-verse TV bandwidth, and U-verse Internet bandwidth?

There are header addresses on each data packet on the different streams. Think of the data stream coming into your home as cars in a train. Some cars carry liquid in tankers and solids in boxcars. Each car has an ID number so it can be delivered to the correct final location. That is how they get channel X to the bedroom STB, channel Y to the den STB and the internet data to the router to be feed to the computers in the house.

The only dumb question is the one not asked.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

So just to be clear, there is currently no data usage limit / cap for ATT U-Verse high speed internet, correct?

I just signed up for U-Verse internet a few days ago (switched from ATT DSL for faster speeds on UVerse) and am a bit concerned about the rumors about a usage cap of 250GB on UVerse internet? Is this in place, or is my internet unlimited at this time? I have the U-Verse Elite package with 6Mbps download speeds, and so far in about 3 days I have reached about 217GB already (reformatted my PC when I got UVerse so I had to get everything back on it). Please let me know if I have reason to worry about being charged more.

Also was wondering about throttling, as I know this is in effect for the highest of data users. What exactly is the cutoff limit to have your services slowed? 

Thanks - TS

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@tsannasardo wrote:

Also was wondering about throttling, as I know this is in effect for the highest of data users. What exactly is the cutoff limit to have your services slowed? 

Data caps are currently not being enforced on U-verse internet service. Also, there is no throttling occurring on U-verse internet service.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.