nwahogfan's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, September 15th, 2011 3:53 PM

Arkansas vs.. Troy - Saturday, 9/17

Will the Arkansas vs.. Troy football game on 9/17 be available to AT&T Uverse customers?  I see that Cox will be airing it, but I don't see it listed for AT&T.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

No, the game is being broadcast on Cox Sport Television (CST) and Comcast/Charter Sports South (CSS).  U-verse does not the carriage rights for either of those channel.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks for the info.  Too bad though...  I see on the Arkansas Razorback website that AT&T is a proud sponsor, however, they must not be too proud since they are not airing this game.Smiley Wink

Guess I'll go across the street to my son's house who chose not to go with AT&T and watch it on Cox.  Good decision on his part.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

Blame Cox, Comcast and Charter.  Those channels owners do not make those channels available to competitors.  They use them in an effort to again a competitive advantage in their respective markets.

Seems your son did exactly what Cox hoped he would do.  🙂

Professor

• 

2K Messages

13 years ago

@nwahogfan wrote:

Thanks for the info.  Too bad though...  I see on the Arkansas Razorback website that AT&T is a proud sponsor, however, they must not be too proud since they are not airing this game.Smiley Wink

That has absolutely nothing to do with it. I'm sure more than a few universities, organizations, teams, leagues, etc. are "sponsored" by something that doesn't return the favor.

This just means that AT&T is giving Arkansas money to display their logo on the Razorback website. Ohio State is the same way. They have AT&T logos all over the place, but the TVs in the stadium and arena are connected via Time Warner. I'm sure there are similar situations all over the country.

Guru

• 

622 Messages

13 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

Blame Cox, Comcast and Charter.  Those channels owners do not make those channels available to competitors.  They use them in an effort to again a competitive advantage in their respective markets.

So apparently I have been hallucinating having Comcast SportsNet Bay Area and Comcast SportsNet California (and Colorado and Chicago, from the looks of it) all this time?

Professor

• 

2K Messages

13 years ago

@That Don Guy wrote:

@texasguy37 wrote:

So apparently I have been hallucinating having Comcast SportsNet Bay Area and Comcast SportsNet California (and Colorado and Chicago, from the looks of it) all this time?

CSN Chicago is owned by:

NBCUniversal (20%)
J. Joseph Ricketts Family (20%)
Jerry Reinsdorf (40%)
Rocky Wirtz (20%)

CSN Bay Area is owned by:

NBCUniversal (45%)
San Francisco Giants (30%)
Fox Entertainment Group (25%)

CSN California is owned by

NBCUniversal (100%)

There is no CSN Colorado.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

That Don Guy wrote:

The Comcast SportsNet (CSN) channels are not the same as Comcast Sports Southeast/Charter Sports Southeast (CSS).  From Wikipedia:

CSS is only available on terrestrial cable, and is used as a selling point of terrestrial cable service over satellite services such as DirecTV and Dish Network. For the same purpose, CSS is occasionally offered to subscribers of other cable systems that may or may not compete with Comcast or Charter in their specific markets.

Mentor

• 

80 Messages

13 years ago

I blame the UA and IMG/SEC media packaging for making deals with proprietary networks.  The league boasted of its groundbreaking television deal that would broadcast every SEC football game.  Well that's not quite true though is it?  You can see them all if you subscribe to the high bidders like Cox and Comcast who are competitors of other service providers.  The problem is that the SEC sold out everyone else.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.