miaclockman's profile

Teacher

• 

31 Messages

Sunday, February 26th, 2012 6:50 PM

Any way to control transparency of guide?

We just moved from DirecTV and AT&T phone service to U-Verse.  One thing that we don't like about the design of the U-Verse channel guide is that the guide really covers what's still playing on the TV.  DirecTV's guide would open a small window in the upper-hand right side of the screen playing the current channel and the remainder of the guide to choose a new program.

It seems kind of silly for U-Verse's guide to have a small window showing the different channel playbacks as you scroll, while almost totally obscuring the current channel in the background.

I've looked everywhere to see if there was a setting in the preferences to change the transparency of the guide so that the current program could be more easily viewed.  I've had no luck.

Does anyone know of such a setting and if so, where is it in the command tree?  If A&T U-Verse monitors these postings, this would be a good suggestion for the next update (IMHO).

Thanks in advance for any help,

Miaclockman

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

miaclockman wrote:

Does anyone know of such a setting and if so, where is it in the command tree?  If A&T U-Verse monitors these postings, this would be a good suggestion for the next update (IMHO).

No, that option does not exist.

If you are concerned with missing part of a program while viewing the onscreen guide, press the PAUSE button before viewing the guide.  Once you finished viewing the guide press the PAUSE or PLAY button to resume the program.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Funny, my problem is just the opposite.  We just went from UVerse to DIRECTV and we really don't like the guide.  While we're channel surfing, it only shows the current channel we're on while we'd like to see what's playing on the other channels we're surfing through.  Otherwise we wouldn't be surfing to other channels!

Does anyone know if DIRECTV's guide can be changed to the UVerse style (that miaclockman would like to change)?  Thanks...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.