rt123's profile

Scholar

• 

411 Messages

Wednesday, May 7th, 2014 6:25 PM

Any News on Meger

Been any updates on the Uverse/ Directv deal .  

Scholar

• 

411 Messages

10 years ago

I hope this not true that Uverse is going to satilite dish i don't want switch to Charter i hated it .

Scholar

• 

223 Messages

10 years ago

@dwinth wrote:

@CostaMesaCAGuy wrote:

If the deal goes through, that means that AT&T will shut down its U-verse service and rely solely on DirecTV's satellite service.  AT&T could use its soon-to-be former U-verse service to increase Internet bandwidth instead.

Does that mean that networks currently on U-verse that are not on DirecTV could be dropped?  Pac-12 and BBC World News are two of many examples.

If that happened, that would kill my reason for returning to U-verse early next year.

Please show us your source for this information. Do you have a link?

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-directv-att-deal-20140517-story.html

For AT&T, acquiring DirecTV would give it the opportunity to shut down its much smaller U-Verse television service, which it delivers through its fiber lines.  Such a move would let AT&T use DirecTV for television service and free up AT&T's fiber lines to increase broadband speeds to U-Verse customers.

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

AT&T could push me to Time Warner Cable(Comcast?) or Wow cable but never to Directv.

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

From an article I read on Fox Business...          

AT&T currently offers a video service known as U-Verse and Stephenson said during a conference call the company would continue to offer it after the acquisition is completed. It expects the deal to close in about a year.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@Anonymous wrote:

From an article I read on Fox Business...          

AT&T currently offers a video service known as U-Verse and Stephenson said during a conference call the company would continue to offer it after the acquisition is completed. It expects the deal to close in about a year.

You do not know who to believe. The first article from yesterday indicates that the television service that we currently have from U-Verse will be switched over to satellite service. The article that you site, indicates that U-Verse will continue the type of television service that we currently have.

I hope the second article is what will really happen. I do not want to have to switch to Charter. At this point I cannot say which route is the one that U-Verse will take.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Scholar

• 

411 Messages

10 years ago

This may be good deal for AT&T but for Uverse customers could end up being a bad deal  if uverse no longer wants use fiber lines just goes strait to satalite pay tv lots customers who can't access satalite tv will be put in a bind .

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

Again from the article above......

There has been speculation that AT&T, based in Dallas, would end its small video service U-Verse if it acquired DirecTV. But Stephenson said that wouldn't be the case.

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

The CEO is saying that the U-verse service will continue. So unless he is lying for some reason we have nothing to worry about.

Scholar

• 

411 Messages

10 years ago

Hope so i like Uverse a lot don't want to switch .

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.