Dremwolf's profile

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

Tuesday, July 10th, 2012 9:03 PM

Another Uverse pixelating issue

Not sure why but I cannot get the Coax/HPNA information to show up in the UV Realtime program. A little help would be appreciated.

The other thing, as much as I have played around with this I am at a loss as to how to post a screenshot. Do I have to post via a site like photobucket?

Thanks,

Ralph

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for posting the screenshots!

The PHY Rates shown on the Coax/HPNA tab indicates that you are having issues with your coax connections.  Call Technical Support at the number shown in my signature.  They will run tests on your system and will probably schedule a visit form a technical.

By the way, the Max Rate on the IP/Profile indicates that your system can support the higher 32/5 line profile which will provide you with 4 HD streams.  Technical Support should be able to upgrade you to the higher profile.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

You can insert images into a message here on the forum using the icon that looks like a tree.

If you have U-verse receivers feed by coax, run the Extended Test using the link on the Coax/HPNA tab.  After the test is complete, close the UVRT tool and reopen.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

12 years ago

OK I tried the Insert/edit image icon. When the pop up opens it asks for the Image URL, the reason I asked if I have to upload to Photobucket.

I closed the 2wire and UVT windows reopened UVT and then clicked on the link, then exited UVT. I then went to Settings/Diagnostics and clicked on the Link Test icon, then the refresh icon. I opended UVT and nothing on the Coax/ HPNA tab.

For the record I hate new programs/forums look like such a noob!  EDITED TO ADD, I did not see an "Extended Test" icon

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

12 years ago

DOH

After trying again I scrolled down the LAN page and found the Extended Test icon. Going to run it now.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@Dremwolf wrote:

OK I tried the Insert/edit image icon. When the pop up opens it asks for the Image URL, the reason I asked if I have to upload to Photobucket.

Are you sure that you are clicking on the icon that looks like a tree?  There is no prompt for a URL.  You have to browse on your computer to insert the image.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

12 years ago

Stats-2012-07-10-17-51-39.png

ErrorTable-2012-07-10-17-51-56.png

Bitloading-2012-07-10-17-52-10.png

CoaxHPNA-2012-07-10-17-52-17.png

OK after finding the correct test icon, it is amazing how the Image icon had much more options.

The rest of the problem story: At first just one of the TV receivers was pixelating very regularly. After doing the soft and hard boots it is even worse. Also the pixelating is occuring on all three TV sets to the opint of trying to watch TV is too frustrating.

4 Attachments

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

12 years ago

We had a Tech out here earlier today and since she could not access one of the TV's she left without touching anything. When Uverse was first installed the Techs (yep took 3 of them) had problems with a number of coax connections.

When I used the Chat program last night with a Tech they mentioned they saw trouble on the line. When I mentioned that to the Tech today she said she saw nothing. So who are you going to argue with? She was the one who went to the box (assuming) down the street.

On the PHY Rates. I am assuming the 4HD streams would be in regard to HD TV? If so, no need as we have just plain old fashioned TV's. Plus the higher profile would probably cost more anyway.

I'm going to go check all the exterior/interior connections and see if that fixes it. If not then I'll deal with Tech Support again. If and when I do call them is there anything from this data I can tell them to be able to cut to the chase or do I just have to grin and bear it by starting at square one with them?

Finally, thank you for the assitance!!  Much better than talking to someone working off scripted material. Hope you are not melting over there in TX.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

There is not cost impact of being on a higher or lower line profile.

Sounds like you may not have had a great tech earlier today.  If you still have problems getting this resolved, send a PM to Alex who is an AT&T Community Manager on this forum.

Also, check the settings on your account to make sure that you will receive email notification when a PM is received on this forum.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

12 years ago

I called Tech Support back. Appointment for tomorrow scheduled. The Tech agreed lousy PHY Rates. How did the local Tech not see that??

Since it was after 7pm Eastern he could not verify/deny any cost for the line profile change so I have to call Sales tomorrow.

I checked all of the coax connections all appear to be clean and tight. During the install they had issues with two splitters, maybe the problem is there? Well for now no TV but thankfully internet.

Again thanks for the assistance!!

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

12 years ago

Well, they PHY rates are between your RG and the DVR/STB's inside your house, and the tech can only measure this inside your house.  If the tech only measured your outside line, then he could not have seen it.

Your line stats and Bitloading graph of your outside line look pretty good, though they are only for about an hour (since your last RG reboot).

Your inside coax network needs fixing.  It may only be loose connectors, or it could be bad cable (bends that are too tight, etc.).  A competent Premises Tech should be able to help you with it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.