For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Tresclub's profile

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

Monday, April 13th, 2015 5:22 AM

Angel Baseball Telecasts

Why are there still no telecasts of Angels baseball games?  This has been going on for over a year now.  When are you all going to get your act together and settle this?

Warren

Lakeside, CA

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

9 years ago

@dwinth wrote:

I may be wrong, but I thought the people in Texas get both the Rangers and Astros.

You are correct.  We get both the Rangers and the Astros games here.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

9 years ago

What do the U-verse people in Los Angeles do?  Since they have the Los Angeles Dodgers, do they get the games of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim?  Do the U-verse people in Anaheim get the Dodgers games?

Warren

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

9 years ago

@Tresclub wrote:

What do the U-verse people in Los Angeles do?  Since they have the Los Angeles Dodgers, do they get the games of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim?  Do the U-verse people in Anaheim get the Dodgers games?

Warren

Hi @Tresclub - Please tell me the zip code where you get U-Verse service and what package that you have.  This will determine what pro teams (NBA, WNBA, MLB and NHL) that you can receive.  Thanks.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

9 years ago

The zip code here in Lakeside is:  92040. 

I currently have the 350 package.  I just downgraded from the 450 package a month ago. 

Had the same blackout problem in the 450.

I have been a U-verse customer for almost two years.  Started ot with the 350, then up to the 450, and now back to the 350 (cost cutting).  Have NEVER got the Angels game, always been blacked out in my viewing area.

Warren

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

9 years ago

Sadly you live in the Padres only territory.  This is a MLB issue, not an AT&T one. 

As for what do the people in LA get, they actually get access to both teams (provided that they can even watch the Dodgers, but that's another issue in itself.) No one but Time Warner in the LA area offers the channel that shows the Dodgers so no AT&T U-Verse subscriber can watch the team.

You can see the blackout map on this Wikipedia page.

Guru

• 

622 Messages

9 years ago

Here is a link to a DirecTV page that lets you enter your ZIP code and it shows which teams you can access (without the games being blacked out) on which channels.

For 92040, you get the Padres (baseball), both the Lakers and Clippers (basketball), and both the Kings and Ducks (hockey).  All other Major League Baseball, NBA, and NHL games on the regional sports networks will be blacked out.  (I think the opponent's home market broadcasts of "your" teams are blacked out as well - for example, a Padres-Giants game that is on Fox Sports San Diego is probably blacked out on Comcast Sports Net Bay Area, just as it would be on CSNBA but not FSSD where I live.)

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

9 years ago

@Tresclub wrote:

Warren

The people in LA get the two LA teams (Angels and Dodgers) if their TV provider/package carries the channels that contain them.  They don't get the Padres.

MLB doesn't allow U-verse to provide you with the Angels (or the Dodgers), unless it's carried by a national network.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

9 years ago

@That Don Guy wrote:

Here is a link to a DirecTV page that lets you enter your ZIP code and it shows which teams you can access (without the games being blacked out) on which channels.

For 92040, you get the Padres (baseball), both the Lakers and Clippers (basketball), and both the Kings and Ducks (hockey).  All other Major League Baseball, NBA, and NHL games on the regional sports networks will be blacked out.  (I think the opponent's home market broadcasts of "your" teams are blacked out as well - for example, a Padres-Giants game that is on Fox Sports San Diego is probably blacked out on Comcast Sports Net Bay Area, just as it would be on CSNBA but not FSSD where I live.)

That's a good question and I'm not sure I know...but when the Cubs were on WGN SuperStation, I could watch Reds-Cubs games on either FS Ohio or WGN. (WGN always meant Cubs games for me...except on Sundays when they would show White Sox games... It was super-weird to see a Sunday afternoon game at Wrigley Field featuring the Cubs and the White Sox...it was a WS broadcast.) No matter what the case, CSN Chicago was blacked out, as it should be, since I'm out of that market.

Seeing as I get both FS Ohio and Sports Time Ohio, when the Indians play the Reds, I get those games on both channels, just as with the above situation.

Now if the Reds go to New York and play the Mets, that game would be blacked out on SNY, even if FS Ohio doesn't have the game, as was the case a long long time ago with a different provider. The local channel didn't have the game. The alternate channel that usually carried the overflow feeds didn't have the game, claiming some sort of out-of-market situation, IIRC. I really, really want to say it was a Reds-Braves game, back when TBS had the Braves contract...but it was that long ago.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

9 years ago

So this all boils down to the fact that the OP lives inside the Padres's territory and outside of the territory where he could receive the Angeles games?

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

9 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

So this all boils down to the fact that the OP lives inside the Padres's territory and outside of the territory where he could receive the Angeles games?

Right @texasguy37 - we had this same discussion five or so years back.  you set me straight on the rules for what regions and sports you'd receive.  Like I was five years ago, I bet the OP simply doesn't know how these things work and I bet many are in the same boat.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.