Ask a question

Posted Jun 9, 2014
    10:47:36 PM
    View profile
    Al Jazeera America

Per Bloomberg.com, ATT Uverse and Al Jazeera has settles the carriage lawsuit over ATT refusal to carry Al Jazeera America. The accord will allow Al Jazeera America onto ATT's Uverse pay-tv service.

Al Jazeera America

16 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (16)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 9, 2014 10:49:38 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Guru
    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Al Jazeera America

2 of 17 (1,261 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 10, 2014 4:57:42 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

jmac411 wrote:

Per Bloomberg.com, ATT Uverse and Al Jazeera has settles the carriage lawsuit over ATT refusal to carry Al Jazeera America. The accord will allow Al Jazeera America onto ATT's Uverse pay-tv service.

"...grabs popcorn and waits for the fun to ensue...."

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 17 (1,224 Views)
    (1)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 10, 2014 6:29:43 AM
    (1)
    Teacher

This is good news.  The more channels, the more viewing choices.  The more choices, the better.  Anyone who disagrees needs to have his head examined.  Because after all, if a channel is not for you, then you can simply watch something else.  A channel is not hurting anyone simply by being available.  If you like it, watch it.  If you don't, then don't.

4 of 17 (1,191 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 10, 2014 8:08:57 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Professor

Who will be the first to ask the forum if anyone knows what day Al Jazeera America will start on U-Verse as if anyone on this forum knows the answer?  Smiley Happy

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

5 of 17 (1,169 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 10, 2014 8:34:45 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master
    Edited by dhascall on Jun 10, 2014 at 8:35:34 AM

dwinth wrote:

Who will be the first to ask the forum if anyone knows what day Al Jazeera America will start on U-Verse as if anyone on this forum knows the answer?  Smiley Happy

Okay, I'll bite:"Who knows when AJA will begin broadcasting on U-Verse?"  Smiley Tongue

Seriously, there are email addresses for the reporters in the Bloomberg article that @Kong57 linked.  Maybe we should ask them , lol.

[ Edited ]
    6 of 17 (1,158 Views)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 10, 2014 8:53:18 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Professor
    Edited by dwinth on Jun 10, 2014 at 10:06:27 AM

dhascall wrote:

dwinth wrote:

Okay, I'll bite:"Who knows when AJA will begin broadcasting on U-Verse?"  Smiley Tongue

Seriously, there are email addresses for the reporters in the Bloomberg article that @Kong57 linked.  Maybe we should ask them , lol.

Maybe getting Al Jazeera America in high definition will open up the floodgates for additional news programming in high definition. Perhaps we will see the inclusion of Bloomberg Television as well as all three C-Spans. The interesting thing about CNN International, according to the latest AVS National HD Channel Lineups, is that there are no major providers that have the channel in high defintion. I assume the channel exists in high definition since it is listed.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1462894/official-avs-national-hd-channel-lineups-cable-dbs-fiber-iptv-updated-4-24-14

[ Edited ]
    7 of 17 (1,153 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 10, 2014 9:46:54 AM
    (0)
    Scholar

Anyone remember Current TVs channel number?

8 of 17 (1,140 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 10, 2014 10:55:04 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

I'm waiting for the jokers that will threaten to leave now that it's being included.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

9 of 17 (1,108 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 10, 2014 12:45:32 PM
    (0)
    Scholar
    @OUFANINDALLAS......not only that ...how many people gonna get mad because AJA was added and still no HALLMARK.....lol

10 of 17 (1,084 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 10, 2014 1:56:45 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master
    Edited by dhascall on Jun 10, 2014 at 2:01:11 PM

Beany wrote:

Anyone remember Current TVs channel number?

I want to say it was 189.  Someone said that a similar system had AJA on channel 220/1220, IIRC.

[ Edited ]
    11 of 17 (1,064 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 11, 2014 10:35:44 AM
    (0)
    Teacher

I think 189 is correct.

12 of 17 (939 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 11, 2014 10:51:32 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Professor
    Edited by Phil-101 on Jun 11, 2014 at 11:36:22 AM

I bet it's still a few months before it gets added. The lawsuit being dropped may not necessarily mean that terms were agreed to.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

[ Edited ]
    13 of 17 (930 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 12, 2014 5:48:04 AM
    (0)
    Scholar
    There was no comment on either side but I hope it was a friendly settlement.

If so, it won't just be SD on 189

They have SD, HD and Mobile/U-Verse App abilities with new contracts. See BeIn Sport. If they add it (hopeful) it will likely be in the 200s and the 1200s with the other news/info networks.

14 of 17 (808 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 12, 2014 7:28:32 AM
    (0)
    Employee

If you Bein, it is already part of the channel line-up.  You can get if you have U450 or with the Sports Package

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

15 of 17 (793 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 12, 2014 9:05:20 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Professor

flutist1963 wrote:

If you Bein, it is already part of the channel line-up.  You can get if you have U450 or with the Sports Package

He was saying that BeIN took so long to add because of mobile rights issues and that hopefully it won't be the same thing this time. 

16 of 17 (774 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 12, 2014 10:21:59 AM
    (0)
    Scholar
    Edited by jeremy1069fm on Jun 12, 2014 at 10:23:01 AM

No what I'm saying is that you'll get all of it. The mobile, the HD and the SD. BeIn is Al Jazeera's sister network.

A lot of networks are "In house only" on the mobile app. Al Jazeera you can watch it basically wherever you have an internet connection. 

They're mobile friendly. Time Warner has the HD feed of Al Jazeera America on their app available out of home, and in both SD and HD on the TV. That's the case with most new contracts. 

[ Edited ]
    17 of 17 (758 Views)