Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jun 9, 2014
10:47:36 PM
View profile
Al Jazeera America

Per Bloomberg.com, ATT Uverse and Al Jazeera has settles the carriage lawsuit over ATT refusal to carry Al Jazeera America. The accord will allow Al Jazeera America onto ATT's Uverse pay-tv service.

Per Bloomberg.com, ATT Uverse and Al Jazeera has settles the carriage lawsuit over ATT refusal to carry Al Jazeera America. The accord will allow Al Jazeera America onto ATT's Uverse pay-tv service.

Al Jazeera America

16 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(16)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2014 10:49:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Al Jazeera America

2 of 17 (1,623 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2014 4:57:42 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

jmac411 wrote:

"...grabs popcorn and waits for the fun to ensue...."

jmac411 wrote:

"...grabs popcorn and waits for the fun to ensue...."

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 17 (1,586 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2014 6:29:43 AM
(1)
Teacher

This is good news.  The more channels, the more viewing choices.  The more choices, the better.  Anyone who disagrees needs to have his head examined.  Because after all, if a channel is not for you, then you can simply watch something else.  A channel is not hurting anyone simply by being available.  If you like it, watch it.  If you don't, then don't.

This is good news.  The more channels, the more viewing choices.  The more choices, the better.  Anyone who disagrees needs to have his head examined.  Because after all, if a channel is not for you, then you can simply watch something else.  A channel is not hurting anyone simply by being available.  If you like it, watch it.  If you don't, then don't.

4 of 17 (1,553 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2014 8:08:57 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Who will be the first to ask the forum if anyone knows what day Al Jazeera America will start on U-Verse as if anyone on this forum knows the answer?  Smiley Happy

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Who will be the first to ask the forum if anyone knows what day Al Jazeera America will start on U-Verse as if anyone on this forum knows the answer?  Smiley Happy

5 of 17 (1,531 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2014 8:34:45 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Jun 10, 2014 at 8:35:34 AM

dwinth wrote:

Okay, I'll bite:"Who knows when AJA will begin broadcasting on U-Verse?"  Smiley Tongue

Seriously, there are email addresses for the reporters in the Bloomberg article that @Kong57 linked.  Maybe we should ask them , lol.

dwinth wrote:

Okay, I'll bite:"Who knows when AJA will begin broadcasting on U-Verse?"  Smiley Tongue

Seriously, there are email addresses for the reporters in the Bloomberg article that @Kong57 linked.  Maybe we should ask them , lol.

[ Edited ]
6 of 17 (1,520 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2014 8:53:18 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by dwinth on Jun 10, 2014 at 10:06:27 AM

dhascall wrote:

dwinth wrote:

Maybe getting Al Jazeera America in high definition will open up the floodgates for additional news programming in high definition. Perhaps we will see the inclusion of Bloomberg Television as well as all three C-Spans. The interesting thing about CNN International, according to the latest AVS National HD Channel Lineups, is that there are no major providers that have the channel in high defintion. I assume the channel exists in high definition since it is listed.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1462894/official-avs-national-hd-channel-lineups-cable-dbs-fiber-iptv-upda...

dhascall wrote:

dwinth wrote:

Maybe getting Al Jazeera America in high definition will open up the floodgates for additional news programming in high definition. Perhaps we will see the inclusion of Bloomberg Television as well as all three C-Spans. The interesting thing about CNN International, according to the latest AVS National HD Channel Lineups, is that there are no major providers that have the channel in high defintion. I assume the channel exists in high definition since it is listed.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1462894/official-avs-national-hd-channel-lineups-cable-dbs-fiber-iptv-updated-4-24-14

[ Edited ]
7 of 17 (1,515 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2014 9:46:54 AM
(0)
Scholar

Anyone remember Current TVs channel number?

8 of 17 (1,502 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2014 10:55:04 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I'm waiting for the jokers that will threaten to leave now that it's being included.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

I'm waiting for the jokers that will threaten to leave now that it's being included.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

9 of 17 (1,470 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2014 12:45:32 PM
(0)
Scholar
@OUFANINDALLAS......not only that ...how many people gonna get mad because AJA was added and still no HALLMARK.....lol
@OUFANINDALLAS......not only that ...how many people gonna get mad because AJA was added and still no HALLMARK.....lol

10 of 17 (1,446 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2014 1:56:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Jun 10, 2014 at 2:01:11 PM

Beany wrote:

I want to say it was 189.  Someone said that a similar system had AJA on channel 220/1220, IIRC.

Beany wrote:

I want to say it was 189.  Someone said that a similar system had AJA on channel 220/1220, IIRC.

[ Edited ]
11 of 17 (1,426 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2014 10:35:44 AM
(0)
Teacher

I think 189 is correct.

I think 189 is correct.

12 of 17 (1,301 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2014 10:51:32 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by Phil-101 on Jun 11, 2014 at 11:36:22 AM

I bet it's still a few months before it gets added. The lawsuit being dropped may not necessarily mean that terms were agreed to.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

I bet it's still a few months before it gets added. The lawsuit being dropped may not necessarily mean that terms were agreed to.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

[ Edited ]
13 of 17 (1,292 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2014 5:48:04 AM
(0)
Scholar
There was no comment on either side but I hope it was a friendly settlement.

If so, it won't just be SD on 189

They have SD, HD and Mobile/U-Verse App abilities with new contracts. See BeIn Sport. If they add it (hopeful) it will likely be in the 200s and the 1200s with the other news/info networks.
There was no comment on either side but I hope it was a friendly settlement.

If so, it won't just be SD on 189

They have SD, HD and Mobile/U-Verse App abilities with new contracts. See BeIn Sport. If they add it (hopeful) it will likely be in the 200s and the 1200s with the other news/info networks.

14 of 17 (1,170 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2014 7:28:32 AM
(0)
Employee

If you Bein, it is already part of the channel line-up.  You can get if you have U450 or with the Sports Package

If you Bein, it is already part of the channel line-up.  You can get if you have U450 or with the Sports Package

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

15 of 17 (1,155 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2014 9:05:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

flutist1963 wrote:

He was saying that BeIN took so long to add because of mobile rights issues and that hopefully it won't be the same thing this time. 

flutist1963 wrote:

He was saying that BeIN took so long to add because of mobile rights issues and that hopefully it won't be the same thing this time. 

16 of 17 (1,136 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2014 10:21:59 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by jeremy1069fm on Jun 12, 2014 at 10:23:01 AM

No what I'm saying is that you'll get all of it. The mobile, the HD and the SD. BeIn is Al Jazeera's sister network.

A lot of networks are "In house only" on the mobile app. Al Jazeera you can watch it basically wherever you have an internet connection. 

They're mobile friendly. Time Warner has the HD feed of Al Jazeera America on their app available out of home, and in both SD and HD on the TV. That's the case with most new contracts. 

No what I'm saying is that you'll get all of it. The mobile, the HD and the SD. BeIn is Al Jazeera's sister network.

A lot of networks are "In house only" on the mobile app. Al Jazeera you can watch it basically wherever you have an internet connection. 

They're mobile friendly. Time Warner has the HD feed of Al Jazeera America on their app available out of home, and in both SD and HD on the TV. That's the case with most new contracts. 

[ Edited ]
17 of 17 (1,120 Views)