rbaru's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, October 26th, 2013 1:20 AM

Al Jazeera America Absent from U-Verse TV

Time Warner Cable and Al Jazeera America today announced they have reached an agreement to bring Al Jazeera America to Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks customers' lineups. AT&T U-verse, where are you? 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

That's an excellent question.  I think it's a real shame that AJA isn't currently available on U-verse, it would have been a welcome source of reported news, as opposed to the dueling-opinion filler on the American cable "news" networks.  AT&T's decision not to carry it, whatever their reasons, actually has me considering satellite TV (I've been a very happy U-verse customer otherwise).

Scholar

• 

276 Messages

10 years ago

That is why they are different services. Good luck if you leave Uverse.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Penguin, Comcast carries AJA if you are interested and able to get it.  I too am thinking of leaving these **** as well.

[word filter avoidance]

Scholar

• 

223 Messages

10 years ago

@Fox Mulder wrote:

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424127887323608504579025562580632996

So why would at&t add it as they are being sued?

While I don't like to see AT&T U-verse getting sued, I hope this action will eventually lead to AJ getting added.

Scholar

• 

125 Messages

10 years ago

I wouldn't leave AT&T U-Verse over Al Jazeera. The reason I have AT&T U-Verse is for networks like MTV-U, MTV Jams, VH1 Soul, CMT Pure Country, and others that Time Warner refuses to carry, not to mention Time Warner's terrible equipment.

Time Warner announced they are adding Al Jazeera America, I believe in January. I guess I'll have to go visit my sister, who still has Time Warner to watch it. 

I've seen it, and I'm impressed. It's serious journalism, something you can't find on CNN, HLN (Court TV 2.0), Fox News and MSNBC, which are mostly garbage that isn't even remotely "news" Fox and MSNBC cater to political bashing (One for the right, one for the left), CNN is laughable, and HLN has turned into Court TV 2.0. 

If they can settle this out of court (They did add beIN Sport to the lineup, which just happens to be owned and operated by Al Jazeera.)

With that, there's no reason why they couldn't settle something and add the channel back, particularly in the 200s with the rest of the news channels. 

I guess we just have to be extremely patient. 

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

If at&t wants the lawsuit dropped,  they should just add the channel.  Duh. 

I have a feeling the channe isn't carried because Al Jeezra isn't like

Fox News

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

chizshc wrote:

If at&t wants the lawsuit dropped,  they should just add the channel.  Duh. 

I have a feeling the channe isn't carried because Al Jeezra isn't like

Fox News

Neither are any of the other news channels ( CNN, CNN Headline News, CNN International, BBC World News, MSNBC, CNBC, NHK Newsline, Bloomberg News) on U-Verse like Fox News Channel. Your reasoning fails.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Scholar

• 

276 Messages

10 years ago

I doubt if we ever see Al Jazeera America and I can live with that. I am sure some could leave and get it with another srevice. Good luck if you do.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Please keep it off U verse.  I am tired of paying for cable channels I do not want or watch.

Please allow less stations in the package and lower the bill.

By adding it to the package, I am paying for it and I do not want to pay for it or the 50 other channels already on the package.

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

I agree with the poster above. While you are at it it please keep the extremist Blaze channel off of U-Verse as well.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.