Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 25, 2013
6:20:27 PM
View profile
Al Jazeera America Absent from U-Verse TV

Time Warner Cable and Al Jazeera America today announced they have reached an agreement to bring Al Jazeera America to Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks customers' lineups. AT&T U-verse, where are you? 

Time Warner Cable and Al Jazeera America today announced they have reached an agreement to bring Al Jazeera America to Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks customers' lineups. AT&T U-verse, where are you? 

Al Jazeera America Absent from U-Verse TV

22 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
View all replies
(22)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2013 8:14:47 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Please use the website found in the link below to make your channel requests:

http://uversechannels.att.com/

Please use the website found in the link below to make your channel requests:

http://uversechannels.att.com/

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Al Jazeera America Absent from U-Verse TV

2 of 23 (5,982 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2013 9:14:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

rbaru wrote:

I believe AT&T and U-Verse are headquartered in Dallas, Texas. I hope I was able to answer your question.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

rbaru wrote:

I believe AT&T and U-Verse are headquartered in Dallas, Texas. I hope I was able to answer your question.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 23 (5,975 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2013 12:18:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

dwinth wrote:

rbaru wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

dwinth wrote:

rbaru wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

4 of 23 (5,925 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2013 12:02:38 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by CostaMesaCAGuy on Oct 28, 2013 at 12:04:34 PM

rbaru wrote:

Once BBC America went HD in 2009, it took four years for AT&T U-verse to add the HD channel even though they have always carried the standard def channel, so I figure it could take up to that long.

rbaru wrote:

Once BBC America went HD in 2009, it took four years for AT&T U-verse to add the HD channel even though they have always carried the standard def channel, so I figure it could take up to that long.

iPhone 5S Verizon Wireless

[ Edited ]
5 of 23 (5,867 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 29, 2013 8:55:00 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

CostaMesaCAGuy wrote:

rbaru wrote:

With today's polarizing political climate it may be years and years beyond that.

CostaMesaCAGuy wrote:

rbaru wrote:

With today's polarizing political climate it may be years and years beyond that.

6 of 23 (5,813 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 30, 2013 6:07:55 AM
(0)
Scholar

It's not going to be on U-Verse until the situations that I will not mention (I don't believe I'm allowed to) are delt with. Maybe it won't be at all. 

Not a bad network. Too bad it wasn't on from the start. 

It's not going to be on U-Verse until the situations that I will not mention (I don't believe I'm allowed to) are delt with. Maybe it won't be at all. 

Not a bad network. Too bad it wasn't on from the start. 

7 of 23 (5,750 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 30, 2013 2:02:50 PM
(0)
ACE - Scholar

Uverse is surviving without it.

8 of 23 (5,719 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 30, 2013 5:41:49 PM
(0)
Expert

hex731 wrote:

If you owned stock in a company, is that what you want to hear the CEO tout in their next quarterly earnings report?

"Hey, we're surviving.  That's good enough, right?"

hex731 wrote:

If you owned stock in a company, is that what you want to hear the CEO tout in their next quarterly earnings report?

"Hey, we're surviving.  That's good enough, right?"

9 of 23 (5,705 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2013 5:11:05 AM
(0)
Employee
Edited by Fox Mulder on Oct 31, 2013 at 5:49:32 AM
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
10 of 23 (5,673 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2013 8:21:29 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Fox Mulder wrote:

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424127887323608504579025562580632996

So why would at&t add it as they are being sued?

Why not?  Olive branch, anyone?  There must be a reason for them to take that course of action, say an existing agreement?   It's that kind of bully-ish attitude (AT&T's not Fox Mulder's) that most likely led to a non-agreement beytween AT&T and Crown on Hallmark.  Someone at AT&T probably got their feelings hurt and packed up their marbles and went away, crying.

Fox Mulder wrote:

Why not?  Olive branch, anyone?  There must be a reason for them to take that course of action, say an existing agreement?   It's that kind of bully-ish attitude (AT&T's not Fox Mulder's) that most likely led to a non-agreement beytween AT&T and Crown on Hallmark.  Someone at AT&T probably got their feelings hurt and packed up their marbles and went away, crying.

11 of 23 (5,646 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2013 9:32:22 PM
(0)
Contributor

That's an excellent question.  I think it's a real shame that AJA isn't currently available on U-verse, it would have been a welcome source of reported news, as opposed to the dueling-opinion filler on the American cable "news" networks.  AT&T's decision not to carry it, whatever their reasons, actually has me considering satellite TV (I've been a very happy U-verse customer otherwise).

That's an excellent question.  I think it's a real shame that AJA isn't currently available on U-verse, it would have been a welcome source of reported news, as opposed to the dueling-opinion filler on the American cable "news" networks.  AT&T's decision not to carry it, whatever their reasons, actually has me considering satellite TV (I've been a very happy U-verse customer otherwise).

12 of 23 (5,618 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2013 1:17:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Scholar

That is why they are different services. Good luck if you leave Uverse.

That is why they are different services. Good luck if you leave Uverse.

13 of 23 (5,551 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2013 9:27:23 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by Phil-101 on Nov 2, 2013 at 9:45:29 PM

Penguin, Comcast carries AJA if you are interested and able to get it.  I too am thinking of leaving these **** as well.

[word filter avoidance]

Penguin, Comcast carries AJA if you are interested and able to get it.  I too am thinking of leaving these **** as well.

[word filter avoidance]

[ Edited ]
14 of 23 (5,525 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2013 11:47:01 AM
(0)
Scholar

Fox Mulder wrote:

While I don't like to see AT&T U-verse getting sued, I hope this action will eventually lead to AJ getting added.

Fox Mulder wrote:

While I don't like to see AT&T U-verse getting sued, I hope this action will eventually lead to AJ getting added.

iPhone 5S Verizon Wireless

15 of 23 (5,492 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2013 5:32:43 PM
(0)
Scholar

I wouldn't leave AT&T U-Verse over Al Jazeera. The reason I have AT&T U-Verse is for networks like MTV-U, MTV Jams, VH1 Soul, CMT Pure Country, and others that Time Warner refuses to carry, not to mention Time Warner's terrible equipment.

Time Warner announced they are adding Al Jazeera America, I believe in January. I guess I'll have to go visit my sister, who still has Time Warner to watch it. 

I've seen it, and I'm impressed. It's serious journalism, something you can't find on CNN, HLN (Court TV 2.0), Fox News and MSNBC, which are mostly garbage that isn't even remotely "news" Fox and MSNBC cater to political bashing (One for the right, one for the left), CNN is laughable, and HLN has turned into Court TV 2.0. 

If they can settle this out of court (They did add beIN Sport to the lineup, which just happens to be owned and operated by Al Jazeera.)

With that, there's no reason why they couldn't settle something and add the channel back, particularly in the 200s with the rest of the news channels. 

I guess we just have to be extremely patient. 

I wouldn't leave AT&T U-Verse over Al Jazeera. The reason I have AT&T U-Verse is for networks like MTV-U, MTV Jams, VH1 Soul, CMT Pure Country, and others that Time Warner refuses to carry, not to mention Time Warner's terrible equipment.

Time Warner announced they are adding Al Jazeera America, I believe in January. I guess I'll have to go visit my sister, who still has Time Warner to watch it. 

I've seen it, and I'm impressed. It's serious journalism, something you can't find on CNN, HLN (Court TV 2.0), Fox News and MSNBC, which are mostly garbage that isn't even remotely "news" Fox and MSNBC cater to political bashing (One for the right, one for the left), CNN is laughable, and HLN has turned into Court TV 2.0. 

If they can settle this out of court (They did add beIN Sport to the lineup, which just happens to be owned and operated by Al Jazeera.)

With that, there's no reason why they couldn't settle something and add the channel back, particularly in the 200s with the rest of the news channels. 

I guess we just have to be extremely patient. 

16 of 23 (5,469 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2014 11:47:44 AM
(0)
Tutor

If at&t wants the lawsuit dropped,  they should just add the channel.  Duh. 

I have a feeling the channe isn't carried because Al Jeezra isn't like

Fox News

Fox News

17 of 23 (3,700 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2014 12:55:05 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by dwinth on Feb 23, 2014 at 1:10:49 PM

chizshc wrote:

Fox News

Neither are any of the other news channels ( CNN, CNN Headline News, CNN International, BBC World News, MSNBC, CNBC, NHK Newsline, Bloomberg News) on U-Verse like Fox News Channel. Your reasoning fails.

chizshc wrote:

Fox News

Neither are any of the other news channels ( CNN, CNN Headline News, CNN International, BBC World News, MSNBC, CNBC, NHK Newsline, Bloomberg News) on U-Verse like Fox News Channel. Your reasoning fails.

[ Edited ]
18 of 23 (3,691 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2014 1:05:50 PM
(0)
ACE - Scholar

I doubt if we ever see Al Jazeera America and I can live with that. I am sure some could leave and get it with another srevice. Good luck if you do.

I doubt if we ever see Al Jazeera America and I can live with that. I am sure some could leave and get it with another srevice. Good luck if you do.

19 of 23 (3,682 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2014 6:50:17 PM
(0)
Contributor

Please keep it off U verse.  I am tired of paying for cable channels I do not want or watch.

Please allow less stations in the package and lower the bill.

By adding it to the package, I am paying for it and I do not want to pay for it or the 50 other channels already on the package.

Please keep it off U verse.  I am tired of paying for cable channels I do not want or watch.

By adding it to the package, I am paying for it and I do not want to pay for it or the 50 other channels already on the package.

20 of 23 (2,828 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2014 7:44:45 PM
(0)
Scholar
I agree with the poster above. While you are at it it please keep the extremist Blaze channel off of U-Verse as well.
I agree with the poster above. While you are at it it please keep the extremist Blaze channel off of U-Verse as well.

21 of 23 (2,817 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 3, 2014 5:22:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

tjclifford wrote:

While you feel like you are paying for channels you don't want, bundled tv deals are the only way without completely cutting the cord that you'll be able to watch.  While I probably wouldn't watch it, I'd rather have every new channel show up.

tjclifford wrote:

While you feel like you are paying for channels you don't want, bundled tv deals are the only way without completely cutting the cord that you'll be able to watch.  While I probably wouldn't watch it, I'd rather have every new channel show up.

22 of 23 (2,760 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 2, 2014 12:56:42 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Still no news on AJA BUT, per Android Police, there is an AJA Android app:

Download the free Al Jazeera America News app now and get more depth and more perspectives on the most important U.S. and global news stories of the day. Swipe through top news picks and listen to the latest stories read aloud via our unique hands-free "commuter mode."

• Top articles covering national and international news topics like politics, education, culture, business, and more - straight from the Al Jazeera America newsroom
  • Beautiful photo-rich navigation
  • Breaking news alerts to keep you in the know
  • Audio Commuter feature powered by Umano lets you listen to the day's news read aloud by real people

I am not connected in any way with AJA nor the app's maker.

Still no news on AJA BUT, per Android Police, there is an AJA Android app:

Download the free Al Jazeera America News app now and get more depth and more perspectives on the most important U.S. and global news stories of the day. Swipe through top news picks and listen to the latest stories read aloud via our unique hands-free "commuter mode."

• Top articles covering national and international news topics like politics, education, culture, business, and more - straight from the Al Jazeera America newsroom
  • Beautiful photo-rich navigation
  • Breaking news alerts to keep you in the know
  • Audio Commuter feature powered by Umano lets you listen to the day's news read aloud by real people

I am not connected in any way with AJA nor the app's maker.

23 of 23 (2,156 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments