rbaru's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, October 26th, 2013 1:20 AM

Al Jazeera America Absent from U-Verse TV

Time Warner Cable and Al Jazeera America today announced they have reached an agreement to bring Al Jazeera America to Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks customers' lineups. AT&T U-verse, where are you? 

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

10 years ago

Please use the website found in the link below to make your channel requests:

http://uversechannels.att.com/

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@rbaru wrote:

Time Warner Cable and Al Jazeera America today announced they have reached an agreement to bring Al Jazeera America to Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks customers' lineups. AT&T U-verse, where are you? 

I believe AT&T and U-Verse are headquartered in Dallas, Texas. I hope I was able to answer your question.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

@dwinth wrote:

@rbaru wrote:

I believe AT&T and U-Verse are headquartered in Dallas, Texas. I hope I was able to answer your question.

Smiley Very Happy

Scholar

• 

223 Messages

10 years ago

@rbaru wrote:

Once BBC America went HD in 2009, it took four years for AT&T U-verse to add the HD channel even though they have always carried the standard def channel, so I figure it could take up to that long.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@CostaMesaCAGuy wrote:

@rbaru wrote:

Once BBC America went HD in 2009, it took four years for AT&T U-verse to add the HD channel even though they have always carried the standard def channel, so I figure it could take up to that long.

With today's polarizing political climate it may be years and years beyond that.

Scholar

• 

118 Messages

10 years ago

It's not going to be on U-Verse until the situations that I will not mention (I don't believe I'm allowed to) are delt with. Maybe it won't be at all. 

Not a bad network. Too bad it wasn't on from the start. 

Scholar

• 

276 Messages

10 years ago

Uverse is surviving without it.

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

10 years ago

@hex731 wrote:

Uverse is surviving without it.

If you owned stock in a company, is that what you want to hear the CEO tout in their next quarterly earnings report?

"Hey, we're surviving.  That's good enough, right?"

Former Employee

• 

310 Messages

10 years ago

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@Fox Mulder wrote:

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424127887323608504579025562580632996

So why would at&t add it as they are being sued?

Why not?  Olive branch, anyone?  There must be a reason for them to take that course of action, say an existing agreement?   It's that kind of bully-ish attitude (AT&T's not Fox Mulder's) that most likely led to a non-agreement beytween AT&T and Crown on Hallmark.  Someone at AT&T probably got their feelings hurt and packed up their marbles and went away, crying.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.