Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Feb 24, 2014
4:39:45 PM
View profile
After McAfee installed, disable Windows 7 Firewall?

After McAfee Security Suite has been installed, should I disable Windows 7 Firewall?

After McAfee Security Suite has been installed, should I disable Windows 7 Firewall?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 24, 2014 5:59:07 PM
(0)
Guru
Yes. Upon installing McAfee Firewall, it should have automatically disabled Windows 7's Firewall. If Windows Firewall is turned on, you should turn it off.
Accepted Solution

After McAfee installed, disable Windows 7 Firewall?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 24, 2014 5:59:07 PM
(0)
Guru
Yes. Upon installing McAfee Firewall, it should have automatically disabled Windows 7's Firewall. If Windows Firewall is turned on, you should turn it off.

Re: After McAfee installed, disable Windows 7 Firewall?

2 of 4 (1,063 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 24, 2014 8:27:49 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by beeker77 on Feb 24, 2014 at 8:46:41 PM

Great! THANK YOU!!!

Smiley Surprised Oops. Not so fast. When I check the Windows Firewall Settings, the status says, "These settings are being managed by vendor application McAfee Personal Firewall." 

Does that refer to the AT&T McAfee Vendor Firewall, or is this a latent vestige of the uninstalled original Windows 7 Firewall that shipped with this new HP PC?

Great! THANK YOU!!!

Smiley Surprised Oops. Not so fast. When I check the Windows Firewall Settings, the status says, "These settings are being managed by vendor application McAfee Personal Firewall." 

Does that refer to the AT&T McAfee Vendor Firewall, or is this a latent vestige of the uninstalled original Windows 7 Firewall that shipped with this new HP PC?

[ Edited ]
3 of 4 (1,055 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 24, 2014 9:15:20 PM
(0)
Guru
It should be the AT&T McAfee Firewall. Open your McAfee software and ensure that everything is fine.
It should be the AT&T McAfee Firewall. Open your McAfee software and ensure that everything is fine.

4 of 4 (1,050 Views)