Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 15, 2014
7:42:46 PM
View profile
AWE TV now on 147
Subject says it all. The channel has been in HD on 1147 for quite some time already.
Subject says it all. The channel has been in HD on 1147 for quite some time already.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

AWE TV now on 147

12 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(12)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 16, 2014 5:37:38 AM
(0)
Scholar

Appears that it's being kept on 470/1470 for awhile as well.

Haven't looked through what their programming changed to since their rebranding, and it looks more like what the OLD Travel Channel (before Discovery got their grubby paws all over it) used to show.  And even though Scripps now runs Travel, it still is a far cry from what it started as.

Maybe this was a little clause in their contract and now OANN can be activated.  Just wondering.  I'll have to take a closer look at what they're putting out, it looks pretty decent.  They even have International Boxing on Saturday from 3pm EDT.

Those wishing to preview what OANN offers, they have a 30 minute program at 12noon EDT Mon-Fri.

Appears that it's being kept on 470/1470 for awhile as well.

Haven't looked through what their programming changed to since their rebranding, and it looks more like what the OLD Travel Channel (before Discovery got their grubby paws all over it) used to show.  And even though Scripps now runs Travel, it still is a far cry from what it started as.

Maybe this was a little clause in their contract and now OANN can be activated.  Just wondering.  I'll have to take a closer look at what they're putting out, it looks pretty decent.  They even have International Boxing on Saturday from 3pm EDT.

Those wishing to preview what OANN offers, they have a 30 minute program at 12noon EDT Mon-Fri.

Re: AWE TV now on 147

2 of 13 (1,081 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 16, 2014 6:07:44 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Thanks for the info on OANN.

Thanks for the info on OANN.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 13 (1,071 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 16, 2014 9:43:46 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

AWE is the former Wealth TV. It's been on 147/1147 for some time. 

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

4 of 13 (1,043 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 16, 2014 6:16:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

americangame wrote:

Really? I just saw it unblocked on those locations on my two TVs. I know it's been on 1470 for a while.

americangame wrote:

Really? I just saw it unblocked on those locations on my two TVs. I know it's been on 1470 for a while.

5 of 13 (996 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2014 3:31:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by baseballisback on Jun 19, 2014 at 3:33:41 PM

Bump.... AWE TV moves tonight!

http://www.uversechannels.com/national-legal-description

Effective June 20, AWE (channel 470 and 1470 in HD) will move to channel 147 and 1147 in HD.

I remember two things when AMC moved:

1) I reset my STB shortly after midnight and I saw AMC on the new channel with a placeholder on the old channel.

2) A lot of people came by here wondering what happened to AMC...of course, this happened after the placeholder disappeared.

Bump.... AWE TV moves tonight!

http://www.uversechannels.com/national-legal-description

Effective June 20, AWE (channel 470 and 1470 in HD) will move to channel 147 and 1147 in HD.

I remember two things when AMC moved:

1) I reset my STB shortly after midnight and I saw AMC on the new channel with a placeholder on the old channel.

2) A lot of people came by here wondering what happened to AMC...of course, this happened after the placeholder disappeared.

[ Edited ]
6 of 13 (846 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 20, 2014 8:31:03 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
As of earlier today, I did see a message on the old channel location.

AT&T may have gotten "how to move a channel to a new location" right.
As of earlier today, I did see a message on the old channel location.

AT&T may have gotten "how to move a channel to a new location" right.

7 of 13 (777 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2014 2:23:32 PM
(0)
Scholar

OANN has been available in Central Florida on channels 208/1208 for about a month.

OANN has been available in Central Florida on channels 208/1208 for about a month.

8 of 13 (722 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 23, 2014 11:48:10 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

JohninFL wrote:

Huh? I'm talking about an entirely different channel.

JohninFL wrote:

9 of 13 (679 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 23, 2014 4:31:36 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

baseballisback wrote:

JohninFL wrote:

I was just as confused as you by that post. Not sure what it had to do with AWE.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

baseballisback wrote:

JohninFL wrote:

I was just as confused as you by that post. Not sure what it had to do with AWE.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

10 of 13 (660 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 23, 2014 6:13:16 PM
(0)
Scholar

AWE TV and OANN are both owned bye the Herring Networks.

AWE TV and OANN are both owned bye the Herring Networks.

11 of 13 (639 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 24, 2014 4:26:26 PM
(0)
Scholar

AWE has been showing OANN several times a day. OANN now has it's own 24 hour channel, 208/1208.

AWE has been showing OANN several times a day. OANN now has it's own 24 hour channel, 208/1208.

12 of 13 (610 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2014 10:34:30 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Right. Because they're both owned by the same company. It's like if ESPN2 shows a simulcast of ESPN News.

This thread was created to let AT&T customers know that AWE was moved to a new location. The original purpose of this thread has nothing to do with any other channel.
Right. Because they're both owned by the same company. It's like if ESPN2 shows a simulcast of ESPN News.

This thread was created to let AT&T customers know that AWE was moved to a new location. The original purpose of this thread has nothing to do with any other channel.

13 of 13 (568 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments