Need help with your equipment?
Codysatx's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, July 4th, 2013 6:31 AM

AT&T Uverse and Twitch.tv

Not sure if it has been posted about on this board before but in the last couple of months there has been a huge stutter and lag problem across the board for all major ISP's and this site, to include Uverse. From what I can tell it occurs at the Level 3 CDN that uverse routes through. I know Comcast and Time Warner have talked to Twitch.tv to get this issue fixed but is AT&T going to be doing anything about it?

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

11 years ago

@Izzmo wrote:

I can literally go next door to my friend's place, who uses Cox Internet, and it will be fine on the same stream. That's a UVERSE issue.

I disagree.  I say that's an issue that a U-verse customer experiences.  It may be an issue with Twitch.TV

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

...your post has pretty much no point. Explain further please, "I'll wait."

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

11 years ago

You have a problem in your home.  Your neighbor doesn't.  You have different ISPs.  So you blame your ISP.

You have a problem in your home.  I don't.  We have the same ISP.  So how can you blame the ISP?

You have a problem in your home.  Others have a problem in their home.  Y'all have different ISPs.  So you blame... who?

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

1. Well, why wouldn't you blame your ISP? Is there a reason UVERSE cannot stand up to the same standards as another ISP in the same area?

2. You have clearly stated before that you aren't watching streams, but saved vidoes. Different scenario. Also, we don't know if you are watching the same streams either.

3. Like I said in my previous post, there only other real problem ISP is TWC, and most people have pretty good evidence that TWC is actually throttling their connection. I do not think UVERSE is doing this, I just think there is something more political going on with it.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

11 years ago

@Izzmo wrote:

1. Well, why wouldn't you blame your ISP? Is there a reason UVERSE cannot stand up to the same standards as another ISP in the same area?

2. You have clearly stated before that you aren't watching streams, but saved vidoes. Different scenario. Also, we don't know if you are watching the same streams either.

3. Like I said in my previous post, there only other real problem ISP is TWC, and most people have pretty good evidence that TWC is actually throttling their connection. I do not think UVERSE is doing this, I just think there is something more political going on with it.

1) Same area doesn't really mean anything on the Internet

2) No, I said that both were in use.

3) I've seen posts for more than just TWC and Uverse.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

11 years ago

@ oufanindallas

abd

@JefferMC

Ok let me put this as easy as i can. Coming from a customer.

Charter cable works.
Once Source cable + VDSL from the same company works.

Uverse does not work.

As a customer we dont really care what the problem is. But ATT needs to fix it bottom line.

Charter cable is in my city but not where i live because the housing track is new and not alot of people live here but i have family who have it and dont have problems.

THIS IS A ATT PROBLEM. Because if it was not. It would happen on EVERY ISP NOT JUST ATT and TWC.

You can say this or that. But bottom line is. ATT is the problem. Not twitch.tv

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

11 years ago

@Donovan1981 wrote:

You can say this or that, but it remains that it is not clear that the problem is AT&T's responsibility to solve.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

@Donovan1981 wrote:
@ oufanindallas

abd

@JefferMC

Ok let me put this as easy as i can. Coming from a customer.

Charter cable works.
Once Source cable + VDSL from the same company works.

Uverse does not work.

As a customer we dont really care what the problem is. But ATT needs to fix it bottom line.

Charter cable is in my city but not where i live because the housing track is new and not alot of people live here but i have family who have it and dont have problems.

THIS IS A ATT PROBLEM. Because if it was not. It would happen on EVERY ISP NOT JUST ATT and TWC.

It is not an AT&T problem because if it was it would effect everyone.  I have gone to twitch and I was able to stream live feeds, I'm on 12Mbps, and I'm running my pc wireless so it's not UVerse.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

11 years ago

What time of day was you watching this live stream? Also was you watching it above 420p ? 

C:\Users\prattdog>tracert www.google.com

Tracing route to www.google.com [74.125.227.49]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 2 ms 2 ms 2 ms homeportal [192.168.1.254]
2 5 ms 6 ms 7 ms 107-203-156-3.lightspeed.rcsntx.sbcglobal.net [1
07.203.156.3]
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 12 ms 8 ms 15 ms 12.83.34.5
7 12 ms 8 ms 11 ms gar23.dlstx.ip.att.net [12.122.85.73]
8 13 ms 15 ms 21 ms 12.249.185.238
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 10 ms 8 ms 9 ms 209.85.250.77
11 9 ms 8 ms 7 ms dfw06s06-in-f17.1e100.net [74.125.227.49]

Trace complete.

That is a tracert i did to google.com... But ATT says everything is fine... I see ALOT of wrong in there.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

11 years ago

@Donovan1981 wrote:

What time of day was you watching this live stream? Also was you watching it above 420p ? 

C:\Users\prattdog>tracert www.google.com

Tracing route to www.google.com [74.125.227.49]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 2 ms 2 ms 2 ms homeportal [192.168.1.254]
2 5 ms 6 ms 7 ms 107-203-156-3.lightspeed.rcsntx.sbcglobal.net [1
07.203.156.3]
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 12 ms 8 ms 15 ms 12.83.34.5
7 12 ms 8 ms 11 ms gar23.dlstx.ip.att.net [12.122.85.73]
8 13 ms 15 ms 21 ms 12.249.185.238
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 10 ms 8 ms 9 ms 209.85.250.77
11 9 ms 8 ms 7 ms dfw06s06-in-f17.1e100.net [74.125.227.49]

Trace complete.

That is a tracert i did to google.com... But ATT says everything is fine... I see ALOT of wrong in there.

And what about that traceroute do you find wrong?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.