teded63's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Sunday, January 17th, 2016 5:13 PM

AT&T/Sunbeam-WSVN dispute

Just found out this morning that the dispute over Sunbeam/WSVN-Channel 7 is South Florida wanting to jack up their fees has come to full effect. There's no programming on WSVN today only a screen telling us to check out AT&T's side of the story. But I agree with AT&T on this

I'm tired of these networks/channels jacking up their rates and expecting the consumer and/or the carriers to pay for it. This is a broadcast station that we're talking about.

The only thing is I'm going to miss the NFL playoffs today and most of all, THE SIMPSONS (D'OH). Why can't AT&T carry Channel 29/West Palm Beach instead?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

If you are frustrated about a local station temporarily leaving your line-up, rest assured, U-verse intends to get it back for you as soon as possible & regrets any temporary inconvenience. Unfortunately, some station owners will sometimes prohibit their signals from reaching your home unless they receive a significant increase in current fees just to let you to keep watching shows they still make available for free, both over-the-air and often online. Station blackouts have unfortunately become more frequent, but often are quite brief. To learn more about how to remain connected to your favorite shows, local teams and other programs, please visit att.com/fightingforyou. We appreciate your patience, as we work to resolve this situation.

-ATTU-verseCare

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

222 Messages

8 years ago

WSVN is back on the Uverse system as of now.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

8 years ago

My question is, when will this dispute end? I don't want AT&T to charge more for U-Verse, but I like watching the NFL on FOX and the Simpsons. What can we customers do? 

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

8 years ago

in South Florida, not 'is'

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

It's all about money and it gets ridiculous that the consumer is left to pay more and always caught in the middle.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@teded63   Glad you realize the station wants more $$.

Good article here:

http://www.miamiherald.com/latest-news/article55119155.html

😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Why is WSVN not working, not showing the NFL playoffs?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Why were we not notified that Uverse stopped transmitting Fox 7. Especially during NFL playoffs?
To say I'm angry is an understatement. Comcast looks good now.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Why does the message on my TV screen from Uverse say "For more information, please visit att.com/fighting foryou" but when I try to do that there is no information?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Trying to watch the NfL playoff game today only to find out the channel is unavailable?? Unbelievable!! Beyond disappointed & angry that something my family looks forward to watching isn't available in our location. This is bogus & just one more reason we are considering stopping our cable tV. I certainly hope we can watch the games next week & the Super Bowl. Ridiculous!!
Disappointed uverse subscriber,
Adrienne
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.