Need help with your equipment?
radiomantulsa's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, March 11th, 2015 2:33 AM

AT&T Internet Security Suite by McAfee "download cannot continue..."

AT&T Internet Security Suite by McAfee "download cannot continue because either there's a problem with your internet connection or the McAfee server is unavailable.

I have no problem with my internet connection, and I've re-tried repeatedly. I did already uninstall previous versions of the security suite. The error has occurred during step 1 of 6, which is the step where it "prepares" the computer by removing "threats" on the pc.

I don't know what else to do.

Help?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@radiomantulsa wrote:

AT&T Internet Security Suite by McAfee "download cannot continue because either there's a problem with your internet connection or the McAfee server is unavailable.

I have no problem with my internet connection, and I've re-tried repeatedly. I did already uninstall previous versions of the security suite. The error has occurred during step 1 of 6, which is the step where it "prepares" the computer by removing "threats" on the pc.

Help?

Don't even bother w/that McAfee bloatware, it's just a resource hog slowing things down.

Try one of these free anti-virus programs from Ask Bob:

http://askbobrankin.com/free_antivirus_programs.html

Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Ditto on the McAfee download error message.  There is nothing wrong with my internet connection, yet McAfee fails to download on my laptop.  I need this antivirus which is included with my U-verse Internet service to work!  Also, on my desktop, McAfee keeps looping a message warning me to check for updates every two to five minutes, despite my setting for automatic updates.  What's up with all of these McAfee glitches?  This stuff has gone on for months now! 😞

@radiomantulsa wrote:

Help?

Scholar

• 

289 Messages

9 years ago

I had a similar problem and called McAfee tech support. The rep told me to call ATT tech support as they are responsible for their customers. Needless to say that I dumped this freeby and I am using another anti-virus that my nephew installed (he is a computer geek).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.