kaikrazy12's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, July 27th, 2016 1:32 AM

A very disappointed loyal customer of 26 years!!!

I just got a 40 dollar bump in my u-verse account and called today, 07/26/16 and spoke with someone named Antoine in your retention department. I was hoping to get some assistance in reducing my rate since I'm retired and on a fixed income. Well, Apparently loyalty is not a two way street with AT&T, with Antoine advising that he could only reduce my now increased monthly bill of $180 dollars by $20 bucks since there are no promotional plans (for us second class u-verse citizens), and there are only promotions currently for Directv customers, even after I explained that I cannot have a sat dish in my complex. So friggin disappointed with AT&T. 26 years of loyalty and this is how I get treated. Totally frustrated and disappointed. I hope someone in management who cares, reads this and calls to reconsider their position. I'll go to the competitors if they don't care about my loyalty!

Signed BH, account number [edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I feel the same way; ATT did the same to me; I was a loyal customer for 23 years. Bumping rates $20-40 more per month, their profit margins have to be sky high. With my cell service I was able to change to another provider, but have no choice with internet service. We need serious change in this country.....

Scholar

• 

141 Messages

8 years ago

AT&T does not care about it's loyal customers.  They think you will be so pleased with their wonderful services that you will stay no matter how high they raise your rates.  They only care about new customers.  I assume that is how employees are rated for raises and bonuses.  I just assume that most businesses treat their customers the same way. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

What do you mean by "current renewing offers" because I just called AT&T 1 hour ago to see if there were any promotions/discounts/offers and the only offer I received was to switch from regular UVerse to DirectTV which is an offer that shouldn't even be offered because EVERYONE I know with DirectTV/ATT HATES it so of course I declined.  It's really a slap in the face for loyal customers to not garner a discount without having to remember to call right before your  1 or 2 year service agreement ends to maybe keep that introductory offer.  I was sending all my money to AT&T for everything they offered:  wireless, internet, UVerse450, phone, wifi and could not get a discount after 15 years (even before UVerse).  I switched to Comcast for 4 days then went back to all my services at AT&T because honestly UVerse is so much better than Comcast to me and my family only to have the introductory offer end after 1 year.  Since I couldn't get a discount for being loyal I finally decided to switch our 4 wireless phones to Sprint which is cheaper and the service is equal to AT&T just to keep from sending AT&T all my hard earned money...I'm just not understanding.  Hopefully, in the near future there will be more companies to choose from because "these fools (h---) ain't loyal"

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@weimardog wrote:

AT&T does not care about it's loyal customers.  They think you will be so pleased with their wonderful services that you will stay no matter how high they raise your rates.  They only care about new customers.  I assume that is how employees are rated for raises and bonuses.  I just assume that most businesses treat their customers the same way. 

@weimardog   Just what I do, am very pleased w/my u200 Uverse HD TV and 12/1.5M Internet I get 15.35/2.00 after the 2d speed bump up we had gotten.  Never did the Retention boogie as learned long ago, I don't want u300 and above, HD premium tier or higher Internet speed used as bargaining chips.

Especially now that ATT found their monthly costs were $17/mo/user ($1.224 billion/yr) more than DirecTV's.  This caused ATT to dump a bunch of Uverse only channels and stop current user big discounts.  As note above now $10/mo/service or what be noted on your myATT homepage. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Scholar

• 

222 Messages

8 years ago

AT&T has been operating Uverse TV at a loss ever since it was started.  They cannot make a profit on Uverse, and are moving people to DirecTV, which is profitable.  It is as simple as that.   If your location can use satellite TV, that is what they want you to do.  Otherwise stay with Uverse and their slightly higher prices.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.