For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
eolatw's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, September 13th, 2016 2:29 AM

Gigapower never up to speed

Download speed for my Gigapower has never exceeded 650mbps, upload speed is also the same around this range. My connection is wired with cat5e (directly connected to Gateway). I rebooted the gateway as instructed in the troubleshooting but nothing seems to improve the speed. What is the problem?

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

8 years ago

I have issues with this as well. I'd test a couple things. 

use different speedtest.net servers. try the google fiber speed test. try other providers speed test. 

the way I understand, a lot of speed test servers may not have enough bandwidth to push back to you through the current routes. I like to assume that fiber connections between citites(ISP's mainly) are still taking time and until those routes are completed, 950mbps speeds are going to be very dependent on what server you are testing against. 

can anyone comfirm any of this? or am I talking whacko nuts lol

Former Employee

• 

422 Messages

8 years ago

@eolatw what @Wallaby32 stated is completely correct. Some servers cannot actually give you the proper results. Try some other test sites, if there is still issues call into customer care and we can look into things a bit further.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I've tried with different test sites and the results were very similiar, I'm actually getting in the range of 500mbps for both up and download for most of the time. I guess I have to call the customer care to look into the issue, because it is only delivering 1/2 of the speed as promised.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

@ least you guys are getting in the 600s mine is 93-95mbps, i need help asap tech will be here on 09/15/2016 beyween 8:30am to 12:30 noon we will see what bull crap the tech have to say about why im not getting better speeds

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.